Vitamin D

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #19253 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Vitamin D
I have no problem with Pat's post Rosemary but the first line in my original post was that I did see my Dr. and I am following his instructions taking exactly what he told me 800- 1000 mgs per day which is the normal dosage according to the New England Journal of Medicine and he was even telling me about this. Joe :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #19249 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Vitamin D
Joe,

I think that Pat was probably addressing the correct Vitamin D caution in response to my post about eating Vitamin D pills at my desk. It may have sounded like I was indiscriminately eating Vitamin D pills at work. It is true, that I feel that I am little smarter than that, :silly: but, it could be possible that not everyone knows that Vitamin D, in the wrong amount, can be toxic to the body.....

Buds always,

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #19235 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Vitamin D
I saw my PD today and he suggested for me to take Vitamin D and I have been seeing him for 14 yrs and he has never steered me wrong. So according to this article he must be aware of too much since he only recommended 800-1000 per day as I mentioned in my previous post. I appreciate the post but I have strong faith in my PD he knows my medical history inside out through all the years he has been seeing me. Anything in excess can be unhealhy, and another thing being in the trucking business it is possible my Vitamin D was low maybe not allowing my WBC's to work to their full potential. Also in the trucking business I was exposed to a lot of chemicals and the worst part was before they changed the forklifts from diesel to propane I was inhaling these toxic fumes. Also my terminal up in Philly set right between two refineries not a big help. Everything I read that could contribute to BC you could check off for me, Trucking, smoking, and being around many chemicals that was me. Things they didn't know then and I was making great money to support my family and some of these things did me injustice for just trying to be a hard working guy taking care of his family. Joe ;)

www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-07/bu-vdd071607.php

As you can see my PD has prescibed 800-100mgs exactly what is in this articles he seems to be on tract according to me. This is why I trust my PD and this dosage comes straight from the new England Journal of Medicine.

15 years 9 months ago #19230 by Rosemary
I just remembered that the last time I saw my niece and we were discussing our cancers (Becky had Melanoma at the age of 29) she told me that her Doctor at Duke encouraged her to look into taking Vitamin D. I guess word is getting around....

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

15 years 9 months ago #19227 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Vitamin D
As with any drug or over the counter supplement check with your doctor..high dosages of Vitamin D can be toxic.
kidneydiseases.about.com/od/medications/a/VitDEditorial01.htm

15 years 9 months ago #19223 by Rosemary
Joe,

I'm glad you posted this. I've been hearing a lot about Vitamin D and cancer from my co workers, etc, and so, I've been keeping a Bottle of Vitamin D at my desk, and when I think about it, I pop a Vitamin D, about once a day.

I have also been popping a Folic Acid tab the same way....but, this is just something that I decided to do on my own....

This is great that we can educate each other.

Thanks,

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne