BCG Long Term Side Effects

6 months 1 week ago #62029 by Shacky73
Replied by Shacky73 on topic BCG Long Term Side Effects
I just had my 21st.  My cystitis like symptoms had increased as well.  My MD reduced dose to 1/2 and now 1/4.  

I still get those aweful bladder spasms with only 50-100 cc’s urine every 10-15 minutes for first 8 - 12 hours.  It gets better with time but I get occasional ultra urgent episodes for some days.

good luck with your journey!

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 3 weeks ago #62001 by Elf
BCG Long Term Side Effects was created by Elf
Hi everyone, 
So I've  had 10 BCGs. With them all there was the usual cystitis which did get worse each time.
However, after my 10th one I've  been getting excruciating pain which seems to radiate around the right side of the pelvis together with pinching and sometimes stabbing pain up towards the cervix or perhaps the bladder. It's difficult to pin point it exactly. Also I have incontinence where I can't keep it in when it wants to come out. Occasionally still getting some pain when urinating. 

Its been so bad at times its been difficult to walk and sit. Its been four months of this. I have a few appointments coming up and hopefully get to the bottom of it.
If anyone has experienced anything like this it would be great to heard from you and what may be causing this.
Thanks
Jan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne