Husband Newly Diagnosed - worried!

7 months 6 hours ago #61998 by Kellcat
Replied by Kellcat on topic Husband Newly Diagnosed - worried!
Yeah, and he had a CTScan that showed everything was clear too.  We do have an appointment scheduled for the week we get back.  Hoping the sensitivity goes away for him and he’s able to still enjoy himself while we’re here.  We were really hoping to have a break from the last few months of stress. Thank you so much for quickly responding.  It does help. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 6 hours ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #61997 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Husband Newly Diagnosed - worried!
Welcome Kellcat,

Waiting is no fun. The only advice I have is cancers do not progress that fast and with 2TURBs confirming an early find, just go with that.
Non muscle invasive is a good start. I remember some 15+ years while taking BCG, my body ached and creaked (or so it seemed) many times in my back and worried about what if. After 6 months I let it go and figured I would go on with my life and am still here. I suspect (none of us are doctors) that the BCG is causing some of the swelling in his groin as a reaction. It affects many parts of the body.

Easy for me to say but, get an appointment for when you get back. 10-12 days should make no difference and try to enjoy your familt time in paradise!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kellcat

7 months 6 hours ago #61996 by Kellcat
Husband Newly Diagnosed - worried! was created by Kellcat
Hello!  I’ve been really worried about my husband who was diagnosed with bladder cancer in May and have been searching the forums to see if other people have had similar issues but haven’t found anything so thought I should maybe post instead.  It was discovered that he had three tumors (two low grade small ones and one medium sized high grade (unfortunately).  So he’s had two TURBT procedures and it’s non-muscle invasive Stage 0cis.  So he did the standard six weeks of BCG treatment.  Now about a month afterwards he’s having swollen lymph nodes.  It was at first the one in his right groin, the next day it jumped to his left groin.  But then it went away. Two weeks pass and now he has a swollen lymph node in his right lumbar region and right armpit.  We told his doctor and the earliest he could see him is next week - but it’s more complicated because we’re in Hawaii right now celebrating my parents 50th anniversary so we won’t be home until October 6th.  I’m guessing theirs not much we can do but I’m so stressed out.  It seems odd that he would go from Stage 0cis and it would spread quickly to his lymph nodes so I’m hoping it’s maybe a side effect from the BCG.  Nothing I’ve read seems to match what’s going on with him though.  He has no fever or chills, just tender lymph nodes.  Any advice on how not to go crazy with worry would be appreciated.  

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne