BCG postponed till Aug.

10 months 1 week ago #61854 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic BCG postponed till Aug.
 I was surprised to hear you were told BCG was in shortage. The BCG shortage was caused by Merck's old single production line in Durham, NC could not produce enough BCG to the demand.   Because BCG is live bacteria, production volume is not always predictable.

I have thought BCG shortage was subsided as several European countries switched BCG from Merck Onco-Tice BCG to BCG -Medac by Medac in Germany.  I have not seen any official announcement from Merck or in media about BCG shortage recently.  So, it  is likely be short term.  Merck uses her distributors of  Merck vaccine products for BCG distribution. So, whoever in charge of securing BCG for you can find about particular status of BCG supply can contact Merck's distributor if they want to.  Below is what Merck's website says.

Any hospitals/hospital pharmacies/medical practices that have questions regarding a specific allocation should contact their wholesaler or distributor. Health care providers with questions may contact the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372.

best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 1 week ago #61852 by lillibird
BCG postponed till Aug. was created by lillibird
I have had non invasive  bladder cancer on and off since 2016.  I was scheduled for a 6 week course of /BCG starting today, yesterday I got a call from my dr's office saying because of the shortage of BCG my appointment are cancelled.  I'm worried and wondering if this is a problem. Has this happened to anyone else here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne