Pyelonephritis

1 year 3 months ago #61560 by Mbear4
Replied by Mbear4 on topic Pyelonephritis
Thank you so much for your reply! For sure helps to not feel so darn lonely in this journey!!! I keep having to remind myself that I’ve been through A LOT and that it’s ok to cry and more importantly to reach out for help.  So thank you very very much for being there to offer kind words and wisdom and knowledge! 

I finally heard back as was able to schedule renal ultrasound n repeat blood work for tomorrow.  The L kidney originally had some mild hydronephrosis on first post op check up.  So I’m pretty worried about the patency of that L ureter.  But I’m relived I’ll at least get some imaging done asap.  Lol whether I hear about the results before Monday is anyone’s guess.  Unfortunately i know just enough medical stuff to get me good and scared when I can read my own results on my patient portal! Yikes!!

thanks again and I’ll keep ya posted :)

Molly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #61559 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Pyelonephritis
Molly,

Welcome. You have gone through the wringer. As I have not gone through anything near as hard as your journey, I have learned calling the nurse that is in charge or closest to your case sometimes gets a faster and sometimes a useful response. That doctor should have gotten back but, who knows? They sometimes have illnesses, personal family problems, a few more serious cases that need immediate attention etc. I am not trying make an excuse for anyone as you need attention and answers! Maybe even a revisit to the ER if you don't get help?

I am taking a stab at your left kidney pain. I know sometimes antibiotics have side effects and maybe that is a possible cause? There are some other posters that are better on this than me so perhaps they will see your thread and have better responses.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

1 year 3 months ago #61558 by Mbear4
Pyelonephritis was created by Mbear4
Hello all.   New poster, hoping I got the location correct! 

basics: 51 yo F 
T1, high grade micropappilary 
radical cystectomy 11/3/22 so ~ 10 weeks post op, Indiana pouch 
all clear on post op pathology

i was doing fairly well post op until ended up in ER 7 days ago with fever and diagnosis of pyelonephritis.  Urine culture  E. coli sensitive to levoflox so that’s what I’ve been on…today would be day 8 on the levo out of full course of 14.  

I’ve become worried because my left kidney is still restrictively painful.  It’s fine if I’m not moving (yay) but any activity beside slow walking is painful.  

I was wondering if others have experienced discomfort still over a week on the appropriate antibiotic? 

I’ve been waiting 2 days to hear back from dr….

thank you very much in advance for your time and attention! 

molly 

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne