New to the Forum-3 Weeks Post TURBT

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #60774 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic New to the Forum-3 Weeks Post TURBT
Welcome,

The answer is multi leveled. Frequent urination and many of the effects of a TURB partly depends on how much cutting and burning is done. Add the size of the tumor as a factor. Most that have had TURBs, 3 + weeks is probably a little long. For peace of mind I'd call your URO as that is what you are paying for. Sometimes talking to the nurse who can relay the question and asking him/her to give an answer yields a quicker response.

One other observation. Flomax is supposed to increase urination flow as I understand it, so it may be as simple to stop that. As most people don't drink enough water your increased intake may also be part of this.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: turbt2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #60770 by turbt2021
New to the Forum-3 Weeks Post TURBT was created by turbt2021
Hello All. I'm grateful to be able to find a forum like this.
I am a 50 yr old male who recently had a TURBT done. I've started my third week of recovery from the procedure. The pain for the most part has subsided, though mornings I do have pain in my groin area but it eventually goes away after hydration and a Flomax pill. I am however, still having issues with frequent urination. I've read that it takes the bladder up to 6 wks to heal. My question is, Is frequent urination also part of the healing process or is it something that I should consult with my urologist?

I would greatly appreciate any advice or comments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nelly65, libbygio2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne