New to forums and have bladder cancer

3 years 2 months ago #60483 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic New to forums and have bladder cancer
Welcome my best bud.

As you go just ask away. I have not had to face your husband's cystectomy, thus there should be others that can give first hand experience.  This web site does have some extra info as you move around

I have learned from my own bladder cancer and other serious surgeries, try to keep each issue as they come as a "one day at a time". Easier to say than do. An oncologist? I would leave that with your surgeon and team. It may depend on how what lymph nodes reveal from surgery as everyone's cases are different.

The good news is you are the way to attack this disease. Hoping for the very best!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #60482 by MyBestBud
New to forums and have bladder cancer was created by MyBestBud
My husband was just diagnosed with stage 3A .  His first scheduled operation is scheduled for Feb. 10 at which time his surgeon will infuse chemotherapy.  Does anybody know the side effects and recovery time?  Trying to be optimistic but doing research has not given me many answers.  Hoping I will get more than the "quickie" chat with the surgeon.  Will be be needing an oncologist?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne