New to the group

3 years 8 months ago #59888 by kevin1932
Replied by kevin1932 on topic New to the group
Thanks Alan.. I get scoped in a week. Your words were encouraging the bladder wall thickening is near the UTJ, right where connection to bladder occurs. I had two stones lodger there that likely caused urine flow to change and I also had scraping and stranding along the tube which the CAT showed. This caused edema and hopefully that is what we see on scope next week. My urine flow is back to normal, no bleeding or pain. I also never had symptoms prior until the stones passed. Thank God they passed or I would have had serious kidney damage.

Thanks again...made me feel a little better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #59887 by kevin1932
Replied by kevin1932 on topic New to the group
Thanks Sara Anne....

You are right....I see Urologist in a week. Its hard to wait and hope for good news...My bloodwork came back fine...The kidney stones are a result of hyperparathyroidism, which I successfully got behind me with surgery 2 years ago...calcium buildup created the stones, and I am hopeful it will be resolved with urologist as this is generally common and treatable with one of several procedures.. Once stones dislodged, my urine flow went back to normal for the past week. Hoping this is a sign it is edema as swelling subsided.

ER doctor is leaning toward edema vs. tumor as the two stones lodged at the UTJ. right next to bladder and got lodged and caused urine flow to slow and stop for several hours before they dislodged on their own.I suspect urologist will scope the bladder and should be able to tell.

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #59885 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic New to the group
Kevin 1932,

Just adding my 2 cents worth. In the symptoms described bladder cancer is probably more often not present. The CT scan that you have done and a cystoscopy along with urine cytology should answer your questions. Just don't ignore doing the scope! You are doing right by being checked.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

3 years 8 months ago #59882 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic New to the group
The worst part of any medical problem is the uncertainty and waiting. Until a urologist has examined your bladder and even taken biopsy samples you really cannot know if this is just a result of the kidney issues or a new issue. I assume that once a bit of healing after the kidney stones has occured you will be thoroughly examined by a urologist.

Wishing you all the best

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #59881 by kevin1932
New to the group was created by kevin1932
Hello

I am new to the group. I have not ben fully diagnosed, but receive a CAT scan report after i went to ER for kidney stone. It described a focal bladder wall thickening near the UVJ...I passed two stones just before the scan was made I had no other symptoms prior to ER visit...no blood or discomfort. I had a period of time during kidny stone ordeal where i had very little urine output, but it returned to what I think was normal...just beore scan ws taken. Docs uncertain of what this might be...Any thoughts? They said it was uncertain if it was an edema or soft tissue mass. Teh right kidney showed hydroureteroneephrosis which was a backup of fluid, possibley caused by kidney stones. Both stones were large

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne