× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

Heavy bleeding and clotting 18 days after biopsy.

1 year 5 months ago #57478 by DougG
I would call the doctor's office and ask to speak to a nurse; describe your symptoms and ask if you need to be seen today.
Best wishes,

Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #57477 by Alan
It is normal to pass clots and some blood a few weeks after a TURB. It happened to me and I was warned about it otherwise I would have freaked out. The amount of problems you are having are unusual but probably normal in some ways as everyone's bodies react differently. I am sorry you are going through it! The amount of trauma and digging into the bladder could be part of this and the size of the tumor with 1/2' is larger than normal. Plus the last digging and removing a "stubborn clot" might have resulted in yet another scab that had to heal and pass. I am sure your docs have asked about usage of blood thinners/anti coagulants like aspirin or other drugs that can affect the blood? I say this understanding I am not a doctor.

As always I would make sure all of your team knows about this. Plus, someone else may have a different take on this so please check back.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #57476 by Lapecheronza
Si è normale, è successo anche a me, dopo la resezione mediamente dopo 15 o 20 giorni cadono le cosidette " escare" che sono le croste della ferita causate dalla resezione e ovviamente più profonda è la ferita più è il sanguinamento. Bevi moltissimo in modo da evitare che si formino coaguli molto grossi che causano dei tappi nell'uretra.
Parlo solo in base alla mia esperienza, ma chiedi al medico o all'infermiera che vedrai ti tranquillizzerà. Saluti Antonio

It is normal, it happened to me too, after the resection on average after 15 or 20 days fall the so-called "scabs" that are the scabs of the wound caused by the resection and obviously the deeper the wound the more bleeding is. Drink a lot so as to avoid the formation of very large clots that cause caps in the urethra.

I only speak from my own experience, but ask the doctor or nurse that you will see will reassure you. Greetings Antonio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #57475 by werewolfee
I was prognosed with bladder cancer back in July of 2018. I had surgery and one large tumor (about 1/2") and two smaller ones were removed. According to my URO it was determined that it was TCL cancer. About 2 weeks later I started passing blood and clots and became clotted up. I went to the ER and was flushed out and sent home. 8 hours later it started again and I went back to the ER. This continuously happened for the next 5 days. Finally they sent me home with a catheter which I had to wear for 8 days. I finally cleared and stayed clear for 6 months.

I was given another biopsy to see if the cancer had gotten into my walls or muscle and that was negative. However, I was then told they discovered a cancer which is almost undetectable without a pathologist examining it. This time I was told I now have CIS cancer. Another biopsy is scheduled for June 8th to check other areas of my walls to make sure it has not gotten into my wall tissues, etc.

My last biopsy was April 1st and I was clear after the 3rd day. 18 days later I was passing blood and clots again and once more had to visit the ER. That was early Monday morning around 3 am. They flushed me out but couldn't get the bleeding to stop. My URO came in around 8 am and did another scope procedure on me. He said all he found was a stuborn clot that her removed and said he saw no bleeding. I was sent home by 11 am that morning.

Today, a week later, I started bleeding and clotting once again at 12:30 am. I have been drinking large quantities of water and going to the bathroom every 30 minutes still passing lots of blood and clots. So far I have not clogged up and expect I will once again have to visit the ER. I have been passing the blood and clots, very large clots, for about 3 hours now.

My question main question: Is this normal or is it something I should be concerned about?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne


Total Online: 0 Users and 113 Guests 


Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 2 Latest User: Flytoboat
Yesterday Total Opened: 0 Yesterday Total Answered: 7
Total Posts: 54207 Total Subjects: 7110 Total Users: 6687