PEE!

9 years 4 months ago #47602 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic PEE!
No, cáncer should not make any difference to the "normal" smell. Drinking plenty of wáter will dilute the smell, but there are various other factors which affect smell- a fishy smell can be an indication of an infection. Some foods and drugs also affect the final "perfume" - one of the most noticeable is asparagus I believe ( don·t eat it so can·t speak from experience!)It is worth mentioning to your urolgist though, particularly if there may be an infection.
Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #47600 by fighterm
Replied by fighterm on topic PEE!
I think you should drink a lot. If your urine is diluted it won't smell that bad. I did not understand the importance of drinking a lot until the bladder cancer. A lot of harmful chemicals accumulate in the urine and they affect the bladder lining. Now I drink a lot and my pee is very clear. But I also take chemotherapy drugs for another cancer plus my regular drugs for blood pressure, and heart and other things. I was told by my doc to drink a lot of water.

9 years 4 months ago #47598 by Namita
PEE! was created by Namita
Please forgive the topic! I have an embarrassing question to ask. Does one's pee smell bad as a result of a cancerous growth?

Please don't take offense! When I have 'the dribbles' , as in, I have no way to control the stream, it's most noticeable.

Any feedback would be appreciated for this newbie. With my cystoscopy tomorrow I am hoping to get some answers, although, in a recent post I was asking about exactly WHAT questions I should be asking!

Thank you!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne