New Section

16 years 5 months ago #9819 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic New Section
Hi, I recently joined the Forum. I am glad there is a section for Caregivers. That seems to be my full time occupation at this time. My husband Dick was first diagnosed with CIS in 2001. He had two 8 week treatments with BCG. Since that time he was checked every 3 to 6 months and had several biopsies done. The results varied from normal, inflammation, atypical cells, suspicious cells in no particular pattern. Last winter we discovered the cancer had spread to his ureters and renal pelvis on both sides. We have had nothing but delays in getting the cancer treated. He also has multiple problems that I'll write about later. Right now he is recovering from lung surgery as they found a cancerous tumor in his right upper lobe. The most likely diagnosis is metastatic cancer from the bladder cancer.

I find myself having to do everything and I resent it. We signed on to support each other not have one of us do everything. I know sometimes we have to take turns but all I can foresee is it will be my turn to be the caregiver from now on. People keep telling me to take care of myself and I agree with them and do have a couple of activities that I like to do but the doctor appointments come first and my meeting get set aside.

I don't expect any answers I am just writing about how I feel.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9721 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic New Section
justme,

I think thats a great way to pass the time, and all you learn someone here on the forum will benefit from your advice if they don't read it themselves. Be sure to pass along any good tips you have!!!Ginger

16 years 5 months ago #9717 by justme
Replied by justme on topic New Section
:)Well, this is a wonderful new home.

I wanted to share while at chemo today with my husband I started reading the book
"Cargiving" it looked like it might be a great support book for the coming year so I just ordered it from the American Cancer Society.

Since I'm so new at this and must admit afraid to death I thought it would be helpful to learn from the book too and keep it as a referecnce.

justme pat

p.s. forgot to say there was no tax or shipping charges either if you live in the USA

16 years 5 months ago #9641 by Clara
Replied by Clara on topic New Section
Just what we need!

Thanks,
Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

16 years 5 months ago #9628 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic New Section
Hi Wendy,

I think you are onto another fine idea :) Thank you for being so helpful and on track for us all. Once again, thank you for all you do :) Holly

16 years 5 months ago #9625 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic New Section
Thanks Wendy, this is a good way to separate the disease itself issues from the feelings and questions caregivers have. And I think I started all of this, so maybe it all was worth the effort to get us to this forum. Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne