New Section

16 years 4 months ago #11470 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic New Section
Pat each and every case of cancer here is different and every individual is different be nice if some people see this and no one in this thread but at this forum too many people playing Dr here at times and they haven't a clue what they are talking about.. This is a support group when I want medical info I go to my expert and that is my surgeon one phone call away. Yes the recovery isn't easy I tell it how it is and I also had the chemo done before the surgery. And the way my tumor was growing Dr. Malkowicz at the Univ of Penn said he had a better success rate doing the chemo first with my type of tumor T3 G3 but it was the way it was growing luckily it stayed contained I was very lucky there. GL, Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #11427 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic New Section
Pat,, Good girl don't get scared by what you read about how others react, everyone is different, and even after an r/c things happen to some that don't to others..
It can be all over the place with reactions. Gene's diagnosis was July 3rd, surgery Sept. 14. I am sure everyones is different in that respect as well..so go for a good time and don't woory, do some nice things together,,Ginger

16 years 4 months ago #11416 by justme
Replied by justme on topic New Section
Sorry I'm so late getting back. Thanks for your answer Holly.

I've accepted whatever Dr. Blute decides to do I can adjust to whatever recovery treatment there is and be here for my husband. It's just scary at times to read some of the post and realize what he might go through. He is his own person and his own body so he will re-act his own way.

hugs
justme pat

16 years 5 months ago #10629 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic New Section
Hi Just me,

I looked back at your previous posts and see tht your hubby is being treated at Mayo's in Minnesota by Dr Blute. That is where I had my RC/neobladder done and by Dr Blue as well. He is a great surgeon at a great facility. Am I correct to assume that Dr Croghan is the oncologist involved? He is also wonderful.
I did not see a stage or anything posted about your husband in your posts.
As hard as it is to be calm, I still encourage you to be assured you are in good hands. I found the folks at Mayo's to be quick with info, and very on top of cutting edge treatments. If you need to talk with someone there I am sure they will call you back.
My cancer was stage 3 grade 3 of 3. They did my RC before chemo. Not sure how they decide which to do first, but I know they are good. I am very happy with my neobladder. They did it at St Marys hospital.
I hope this has helped - let me know if I can be of help, God Bless, Holly

16 years 5 months ago #10625 by justme
Replied by justme on topic New Section
This might be stupid but this is where I'm at stupid or not. My husband is done with round one of chemo and will start round two next week. This chemo is being done before surgery.

He is 71 and want a neobladder. This has be afraid already from what I read here as it seems the recovery can be quite hard. Now grant you this hasn't even been discussed with the doctor yet, the chemo isn't finished and we at this point still have a small hope that he won't have to have surgery at all.

So why am I two months down the road? That's why I say it's stupid guess I best get myself in the moment and enjoy it!

thanks for listening.
justme pat

16 years 5 months ago #10426 by aimeth
Replied by aimeth on topic New Section
Karen, as you said we have no choice but to wake up every morning and just do what we do. I do too try to keep busy all the time. I find it helps me get through my day. Anyways, thanks to this site we can connect! My thoughts are also with you all. Aimeth

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne