Anesthesia's Effects on Hearing Loss

6 months 1 week ago #62012 by Cgoodwin334
Replied by Cgoodwin334 on topic Anesthesia's Effects on Hearing Loss
cheer up you are not alone. 2008 I had a chemo port removed and 
immediately felt pain in my left ear and it has left me with moderate hearing loss..
since then and other surgeries later I was told it was not anesthesia but a Nick or damage to ocular nerve …

never without a complication….sometimes it amazes me when things go right.

carla 

ob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #61419 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Anesthesia's Effects on Hearing Loss
I have had 8 various knock out surgeries from TURBs, hernia repairs, torn wrist ligaments, triple bypass, carotid artery. While I have not experienced what you describe, your citation certainly gives credence to that possibility. Unfortunately, it probably falls under the unforeseen body reactions in surgeries. They all have their risks and some peoples systems I am sure react to different meds in differing ways. Either way, I am sorry to read about your hearing issue.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

1 year 7 months ago #61418 by greenest1
Anesthesia's Effects on Hearing Loss was created by greenest1
pubs.asahq.org/anesthesiology/article/98/1/241/40602/Perioperative-Hearing-Impairment

I believe strongly that I have lost my hearing due to several surgeries (cytoscopies) for NMIBC.  It's not mere coincidence and the evidence exists in the above hotlink.  Most anestheologists are in denial (or ignorant) about this.  In my latest surgery I asked for a reduction in the medication, I was granted this (I think).  This anesthesiolist when questioned said he'd never heard of it.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne