My husband is have a radical cystectomy with neobladder next week

4 years 2 weeks ago #59295 by sara.anne
So sorry to hear about your situation. These are indeed trying times. My grandson will be dropping his wife off at the front of the hospital in a week or two and then will be picking her up a day or so later along with their new-born daughter. What a bonding experience!!

I suggest that you start making a list of questions you might have and continue to add to it, particularly as you talk to your husband via phone as he recovers. See if you can make an appointment with his primary nurse to discuss the situation and all your questions by phone. And when you do talk to the nurse, as for contact information and times because questions will arise after he comes home.

Your husband is fortunate to have you in his corner!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #59294 by johns_md
My husband is have a radical cystectomy with neobladder next week. He has a very positive outlook which will be beneficial. He was diagnosed with bladder cancer on his 43 birthday, 7years ago. I was handling everything ok until we were told that the hospital has a NO visitor policy due to the COVID-19. I will be dropping my husband off and will not be allowed to visit him in person the entire time he is hospitalized. I am not allowed to go to the hospital for pre-op to ask questions to find out how the process will work or what I need to know. I feel I will not be equipped to take care of him when he comes home. ANY advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne