Twisted intestine partial blockage

9 years 5 months ago #47395 by Nancylhm
Replied by Nancylhm on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
We received our biopsy report basically stating the bladder cancer has spread. They say it is positive for CK 7, and. P63 and negative for CK 20 . They say it is similar to the previous cancer diagnoses. Not sure what route we will go with treatment but we are thinking of chemotherapy. Fred is still in hospital because they found he has a UTI and they put him on a new antibiotic so we will see how that goes. We are so confused anyone out there who can shed some light on this situation would be greatly appreciated. We don't know which road to turn to and any thoughts on this would help us make the decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #47376 by fighterm
Replied by fighterm on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
I am a lymphoma patient and I have some mass in my bladder so I am checking this forum too. My first thought was that it might be a lymphoma. Please let us know the biopsy result.

9 years 5 months ago #47375 by Whatnext
Replied by Whatnext on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
Hi,
Just thinking that often after surgery, patients do not cough and deep breathe as they normally would. I would be sure he is taking several deep breaths per hour, and placing a small blanket or pillow against his abdomen while he coughs. Quite often it can be respiratory related because of the anesthesia and pain medication. Compressing the blanket at the operative site really helps when coughing and deep breathing.
You most likely know this from his hospital stay, but it's worth a try! Definitely check for a UTI also. Good luck!

9 years 5 months ago #47372 by Nancylhm
Replied by Nancylhm on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
My husband and I are completely puzzled. He was doing good then the surgery on Tuesday to remove the blockage, but they found a mass and biopsied it. We still have no results yet, but he has been plagued with fevers. They did a Doppler exam to see if it was DVT but negative on that, blood cultures came back negative, they are now thinking along the lines of a UTI. Is this something that can cause fevers and is it common with a Urostomy ? They Are just as puzzled as we are. If anyone has any suggestions I will take whatever ideas anyone may have.

9 years 5 months ago #47357 by Whatnext
Replied by Whatnext on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
Thinking of your husband and yourself...sending positive thoughts your way!

9 years 5 months ago #47353 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
Nancy, I am so sorry you and your husband are having to go through this. As to why they didn't catch this in the scans that where done I can not tell you I can only theorize. We tend to think that an X-ray or scans sees all but soft tissue will often times show that there is something there but visual inspection is the only way to tell exactly what it is.

Between now and Friday you and your husband need to consider making a list of questions. For me quality of life and pain management would be very important. We have not talked about where you are located but do you think a second opinion at a major cancer center is needed, unless that is where you are being seen now?

Nancy we may not have all your answers here but we are here to listen when you need us.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne