Twisted intestine partial blockage

9 years 4 months ago #47585 by Nancylhm
Replied by Nancylhm on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
He had the surgery, but apparently since the surgery something happened to his kidneys so he had additional surgery to have Nephrostomy tubes for both kidneys so they can drain properly. We just have to wait a few days and hopefully they can internalize these and put stents in the ilia conduit into his Urostomy bag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #47583 by Whatnext
Replied by Whatnext on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
Nancyhlm,
just checking in to see how you are doing, and how the surgery went. Thinking of you and your husband and hoping for improvement each day!

Patti

9 years 5 months ago #47480 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
I am sorry that we have not been more help to you here. But as Catherine said I do not know of anyone here that has had exactly the same situation you and your husband are facing. You did not say if they are going to do an ostomy but if they are you might be able to get more information on an ostomy support group they can be found by doing a search here is an active one that I found.

www.inspire.com/groups/ostomy/

We do have experience with chemo as a group and recovering postop. And we do know what it feels like facing the unknown as Cat said. Know we are here if you need us and please keep us updated.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

9 years 5 months ago #47479 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
Just wanted to send good wishes for your husband tomorrow and I hope that his surgery can take care of this situation. I know he has already been through a lot, and so have you. His case is more complicated than what most of us have experienced, so that is why you haven't gotten a lot of specific comments.

But know that we all stand with you because we DO know what it's like to stare uncertainty in the face, and how scary that feels. Blessings to you both... please let us know how things go so we can continue to cheer you on.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

9 years 5 months ago #47478 by Nancylhm
Replied by Nancylhm on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
My husband is scheduled to have surgery tomorrow to have the blockage dealt with. They mentioned a bowel resection where they do it so it kinda forms a "Y" and the infected portion will stay. If anyone has had something like this I would love to talk to them and get some support. About 3-4 weeks after he will have chemo to shrink the tumor mass and hopefully this will take care of his condition. I need to talk to someone who has had similar situation .

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #47413 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Twisted intestine partial blockage
Hello Nancy... I am so sorry that you have received this devastating news. This is where a meeting with an oncologist and your urologist will have to determine the most effective way to treat this new development. Have they suggested further surgery, or perhaps to do chemo first? Do you feel that a second opinion is in order if you have not had an outside referral? It is always so hard to know what to do when faced with an unexpected scary turn like this.

I wish had more to offer but I've never dealt with your particular situation. I can only send wishes that you have the best possible outcome with whatever path you choose. There are others here who have gone through a chemo regimen. I hope one of them can add to this thread.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne