How to be the cheerleader

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #45957 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic How to be the cheerleader
Ms. Pam,
You are part of your husband's team, a very important member of Mike's team. What if land is a scary place to go and one that I have been many times. I, too, try to portray only a positive attitude in Doug's (my husband) bladder cancer experiences. You will get through this; your love for Mike will help you as will your faith in God.

Prayers are with you,
Anita

Doc -- I try not to drag the patient down with my drama!! I guess screaming in the streets would be okay as long as the patient isn't looking out the window. :) I know I've cried and screamed at the insurance people (not in the presence of Doug).

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver
The following user(s) said Thank You: mspam2yall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #45956 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic How to be the cheerleader
This is about the both of you! If you want to go out in the street and scream Then who is any one to tell you not to! If you want to come on here and throw a fit than bring it on, and if you want to talk, we can do that to.
It is nice to be positive and upbeat but you two are a team so don't hide your emotions from him. Remember his journey is your journey!!!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005
The following user(s) said Thank You: mspam2yall

10 years 2 months ago #45955 by mspam2yall
How to be the cheerleader was created by mspam2yall
My husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer January 13 stage T2, we left our home town and went to MD Anderson for a second opinion. This past Friday our fears were confirmed and my husband will have chemo before bladder removal. My heart and I know I will be his cheerleader, his caretaker and his ears from this point forward. But I have a hard time not going to the "what if land", what if this doesn't work, what if the cancer spreads, etc.. I have a hard time not going out in the middle of the street and just screaming at the world. I have a strong faith in God and know he is with us through this journey but I feel so alone. I don't want my husband to see anything but positive and upbeat emotions from me. How can I do that? I just stumbled upon this site and decided I needed to speak out, I know this journey is about my husband Mike, so I feel guilty for even thinking of myself at this time.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne