lots of patience with self

10 years 5 months ago #45454 by mbetter95
Replied by mbetter95 on topic lots of patience with self
She is a very positive person, always smiling and cheerful and not a bit afraid of dying. She's up in a recliner every day writing on her laptop (she's a writer), and tries not to lie down during the day except to ease any pain that breaks through the pain meds.

successful site Brain dumps visit us

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #39512 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic lots of patience with self
I am so sorry that your husband's diagnosis has become so advanced. It sounds like the whole ordeal has been a whirlwind since learning of his cancer only in June. Dealing with a serious illness brings many new realities into our lives, and having those people there who sincerely care about us and offer to help is truly a blessing. Thanks for your insight on graciously accepting their assistance. I, like you, have always prided myself on being independent and taking care of myself. When I went through my cancer diagnosis and surgery, my family and friends rallied around immediately. I don't know what I would have done without that. My thoughts and prayers will be with you, your husband, and your family.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 6 months ago #39507 by quinlanm
lots of patience with self was created by quinlanm
What I've learned is to rely on people, they really do want to help. The beginning of all this was in June a midnight run to the ER which turned into a 3 day stay. I'm a mother of 3 kids- 19, 18 and 12. The first person I told was my newest friend. I'm not sure why, but I chose her. She brought us dinner that night from Chili's. She helped me put things in perspective that we would be ok. She prayed with me. She has made me laugh. She has encouraged me. She has really helped me. People have brought food. People have given us money. I've always been a proud, independent woman and I've become very dependent on others and I'm not ashamed of it. I'm actually very grateful to have people to lean on. My husband has stage 4 right now. He is enduring chemo like a trooper. The future is kinda blurry, but I know that I'm blessed to be lifted up by some very wonderful people who will give to me as I give to my kids and husband.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lotech35

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne