Caregivers,hero’s and birthdays

14 years 10 months ago #26269 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Caregivers,hero’s and birthdays
Happy Birthday Ed!

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #26266 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic Caregivers,hero’s and birthdays
Cynthia a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man!

Ed if I were there I would bake you a special Ed only B'day cake.:woohoo: You are one in a million and I am proud to say I know you. Happy Birthday.

Charlotte:kiss:

14 years 10 months ago #26264 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Caregivers,hero’s and birthdays
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ED
And to all the caregivers out there bless you. I sure miss mine even if he couldn't make toast.

love....Pat

14 years 10 months ago #26263 by sydelle
Replied by sydelle on topic Caregivers,hero’s and birthdays
Cynthia, so beautifully and heartwarmingly stated

14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #26258 by Cynthia
Caregivers,hero’s and birthdays was created by Cynthia
Today is Ed Kinsella’s birthday he was born on Flag Day so he has always had special feelings for our grand old flag. It fly’s at our house every day that there is good weather and if you have a question about flag flying protocol just ask Ed. Ed what born when his mother was 42 their one and only child came along when they thought they would never be so blessed. I always told his mother that if you were only given one chick he was the one to get. He grew up and became an engineer like his father and uncles, he had briefly thought of becoming a doctor but an unfortunate incident with a fire extinguisher and a frog in biology class put an end to that (don’t ask). He collects tools and is a project waiting to happen. Quick to smile and quicker to help when someone is in need; a man you would be proud to see your daughter marry as were my parents.

When I was diagnosed with invasive bladder cancer in 2004 at 47 my husband and friend became my caregiver. All of the sudden the shared work load settled on his shoulders alone. And just because I was going through surgery, radiation and chemotherapy for literally years did not mean the day to day problems of life changed. The care of his elderly parents and aunt, the kids and their trials and tribulations and the dozens of other little crisis’s we all face became his alone. And through it all he worked a full time job and juggled and juggled and juggled. We had insurance but he found money for travel and co pays that seemed to never end. And though he had to be ready to drop he always worried about how I was doing. Thank goodness I am again lucky enough to once again able to share the load with him again. I have often thought that if I were to write the story of my cancer journey it would be a love story as strange as it may sound.

I checked and according to the National Caregivers association November is national caregiver’s month. In my heart I think everyday should be caregiver’s day a month could never be enough. I will never fail to be humbled by the strength and fortitude of the people I have meant who do what you do day after day, you stay and help us fight when you don’t have to. Thank you for showing so many of us what it means to give total and unselfish love.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne