Nerve damage after cystoscopy

14 years 11 months ago #25634 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Nerve damage after cystoscopy
Janice.....i hope they actually paid some attention to your husband at the ER....the fact that he is having chills is sometimes an indication of sepsis. You don't have to have a fever to have sepsis. Did they do some blood work? I don't want to worry you but sometimes you just have to make your presence known.......
SEPSIS at times develops in a quiet way, and can easily be missed,but it is critical that it not be ignored in it's early stages. You can then be admitted to the hospital and receive intravenous fluids and antibiotics. You then will be monitored until you are stable again.

The very young and the elderly are at great risk for SEPSIS, as well as people who are under going chemotherapy or radiation treatments. People who have an illness where their immune systems are compromised ,such as HIV and AIDS , as well as some other illness' are also at risk for SEPSIS.

Some signs that you need to get to your doctor or your hospital Emergency Room as soon as you can are:

An awareness that your pulse rate is rapid,or your heart is "fluttering." Have a increased breathing rate, chills or feel clammy or damp, have a feeling of fatique, weakness,and lethargy ,have decreased or no urine output.

Remember,you may have a fever or NO FEVER WITH SEPSIS !

I actually remember this well with my own husband who woke up with severe chills after a lithotripsy treatment for a kidney stone......he had no fever but he couldn't stop shaking.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #25633 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Nerve damage after cystoscopy
Janice,

What are they doing about the invasive bladder cancer? Is he having a cystectomy or has it spread beyond the bladder so they are doing something else?

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 11 months ago #25632 by deerae
Replied by deerae on topic Nerve damage after cystoscopy
Thanks for responding, Mike
Dan has been treated by 2 doctors at B&W then had a consult with Dr Choueiri at Dana Farber and now he has an appointment with Dr.Siddique at an oncology hospital where we live. The consult is tomorrow. He is scheduled for an back MRI on Wednesday.

The nerve problem is serious. We had to go to the ER this am. The pain down his leg was so severe he couldn't lay, sit or stand without pain.

14 years 11 months ago #25630 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Nerve damage after cystoscopy
He has invasive bladder cancer? Aren't they doing something about that? Seems like that would be a major priority right now. They should probably be doing some scans or something to see if the pain is caused by anything that can be seen.

If they aren't doing anything then get him to a cancer center that specializes in bladder cancer.

Good luck!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 11 months ago #25619 by deerae
Nerve damage after cystoscopy was created by deerae
My husband has invasive bladder cancer and started having severe pain on the rigth side of his groin where it meets the leg. The pain radiated up to his hip and down his thigh to his knee.

He's been telling his doctors about this for several months and nobody seems to listen.

I went online and found information about the femoral artery which can be damaged by positioning on the operating table, insertion of a catheter, or pressure of a tumor. does anyone know about femoral nerve damage?

Jan

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne