happy holidays

15 years 3 months ago #23344 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic happy holidays
Julianne, I hope your mother had a peaceful and family-filled holiday.

Stephany in Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #23334 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic happy holidays
Hi Julieanne, thanks for the update on your Mother. She is an amazing women more power to her. Hugs to you also. I'm working the little voice that says "this is the first time without......"
Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 3 months ago #23330 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic happy holidays
Julieann,

I was wondering how it was going with your mother...I am so happy she had a good Christmas with her family around her...You are so correct in living for the day...

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 3 months ago #23328 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic happy holidays
Dear Julie,

Happy New Year!!

I am glad you enjoyed the holidays and your mum has recovered enough to get out and about again.

Your posts made me smile when you wrote over your mum and her daily chores and her active lifestyle on the farm.

I wish you and your family many more quality moments with her.....

Kind Regards
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

15 years 4 months ago #23203 by julieanne
happy holidays was created by julieanne
Hello everyone. I have been away from the forum for awhile and thought I'd check in. Julie- I am SO SORRY to read about Dick's passing. I am sending you a big hug and lots of prayers for this difficult time. It is very difficult to know what to say, but I am thinking of you. Leigh- Glad to hear that you are "alive and well". I hope things continue in the positive direction. Karen- here's hoping that your holidays were as happy as possible with your children. I think of you often. To everyone- I hope your holidays are happy. As for me, things around here are pretty much the same. Mama had the episode a while back and was hospitalized, the doctor suggested hospice and sent her home with morphine. Things seemed pretty grim at that point. Mama lost interest in everything for a while (I think there was a bout of depression). Then suddenly, she was back to her vibrant self. She has been going and doing whatever and wherever she wants. She has stopped the morphine completely and seems to feel fine. I know this won't last, but for now, I am happyto have it. We had a wonderful CHristmas together. There was this little voice that kept trying to remind me that this might be the last, but I told it to SHUTUP!!! I have learned to live for the now and that is all we can do.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne