brother

15 years 4 months ago #22818 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic brother
Thanks guys for all the prayers, he is going to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America next week .I guess we will find out more after he is seen by them. I talked to his wife today and told her some stuff that might help her to get thru dealing with the Drs. With my husband I kepted a notebook with every test in it, that way if the Dr we were seeing didn't have a copie of the test ( some didn't)I could give the copies to them. I also kepted a journal of every appointment so I could wright down questions and keep track of what they were saying.
I told her and my brother that this is a hard road but doable,and they are in my prayers. Life goes on doesn't it. Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #22770 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic brother
Rocky I will keep your brother Timmy in my prayers. I do hope the tumors in his lung are not BC. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 4 months ago #22767 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic brother
Prayers for Timmy from Iowa! And I hope he takes your advice. Is he located far from you?

Stephany in Iowa

15 years 4 months ago #22766 by Rockyiss
brother was created by Rockyiss
I gueuss none of us know what today will bring , do we. My brother was finally able to get health insurance and go get check for b.c. He had it ten years ago and it came back several times,then he lost his insurance and just never went back. I have worried alot about him especially since I got it and started to find out how much it comes back.
He called me today and told me they did a cat scan and it showed no bladder cancer. Then he told me they found lung cancer, a large tumor in the left lung and spots on the right lung. He is being sent to other Drs to find out more. He quit smoking many years ago but I guess it was to late.
I told him that my ct scan showed I had no bladder tumors when in reality I had five , and that he needed to be scoped to make sure the lung cancer wasn't really b.c. that had traveled. After dealing with my husbands NH lymphoma and chemo and all of that that happened this year I thought things would get alittle calmer.Now the journey starts again. At least I can help him and his new wife ( 2 weeks married) wade through this medical nightmare. His name is Timmy and other than my husband and kids he is the only one I told about my bc. He keeps my secrets. I have 7 other siblings and we are not close.
Please keep him in prayer. Rocky

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne