community

15 years 5 months ago #22614 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic community
Welcome to the Forum Joyce. This place is very supportive and knowledgeable. I don't think you made a fool of yourself over the debit card. None of know what will cause us to blurt out what we are dealing with but I think we all do at some point. The petty details don't matter as much anymore when we are dealing with life and death issues. I can't go see my Doctor these days without starting to cry. It is hard to take the time to focus on myself but I know it is necessary. I hope you have some people in your life who will come in and stay while you do something for yourself. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #22612 by Mona
Replied by Mona on topic community
Dear Joyces,
I read you blog and wanted to say how sorry I am for all that you've been through and continue to go through. Those "little" things like your experience at the bank can be just the limit and you feel like standing up on a chair and screaming "DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA???!!!
My 10 year old has TS with OCD also, I am thankful that we have a supportive school and that this new generation have a better start. It is so sad that your son's generation had a much harder struggle. When we go to the support group the adults there have had a very tough start because of the lack of understanding 30 years ago. It's not fair that your son was just getting settled and then was dealt another blow.
I wonder if you have any support groups (apart from here of course)- I'm sure you don't feel you have any time in the day for that as you are too busy giving support. I hope you can find some way to look after yourself also.
Mona

15 years 5 months ago #22609 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic community
Dear Johnsmom,

I'm so glad you are here. The debit card issue sounds like my daily life.
When you already have so much on you, though, it can seem like the straw that broke the camel's back. Please come and talk to us. You have an awful lot on you. I hope you have a strong back.

Your new friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 5 months ago #22607 by johnsmom2
community was created by johnsmom2
I've been reading the posts and getting to know how to use this site. But more than that I feel like I am getting to know people who know what my world is like -a place where every day is a challenge and the challenge is never the same.
I made a fool of myself today. I went to use my debit card and it was refused--for no good reason. I went to the bank, told the poor woman who was trying to help me-"look my husband has dementia, my son is dying of cancer and I have no time for this crap." We reset my pin number and it worked fine.
To everybody thank you for being here.
hugs
joyces

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne