Just so hard to watch your loved ones ....

15 years 8 months ago #20631 by ginger
Replied by ginger on topic Just so hard to watch your loved ones ....
Clara,

I haven't seen this situation with my husband put with 2 family members. I can offer just some prayers that you and he have much time together, quality time as you said. thinking of you, ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #20627 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Just so hard to watch your loved ones ....
I couldn't agree more. Each new 'rally' is less than the last & of shorter duration as well.Watching the decline is hard on everyone- I had a bit of a meltdown last Sunday.My son & daughter-in-law drove up because they could hear it in my voice. I tried to explain to them, that this is still the 'good-times'. The worst is yet to come.

Last week was particularly bad after the long session of Chemo. On top of everything else, Bob was constipated for 10 days. Everyone says not to let it get to that point- we don't let it dammit!- it's not like we want him constipated--- he takes laxatives every day, then when he doesn't 'go' for a couple of days he 'doubles-up' on them. I serve him hi-fibre meals, smoothies etc. Finally on Sunday (10th day) he gave in & let me take him to the hospital, thinking they would do an enema. Wrong- now they tell us that he can't have enemas when on Chemo-GRRRRR- 1st we heard of that. Part of the problem of course is that there are so many Dr.'s in the mix. This week they discovered yet another bacterial infection, so there are more anti-biotics. A new Dr. in the mix told us that he shouldn't be on morphine & changed him to Percodan(?)Again, GRRRRRRRR

I'm keeping up with the posts daily- it seems many of us are having serious issues right now.

Best Regards to all
Lorrie

15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #20622 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Just so hard to watch your loved ones ....
Clara,

No win situation...perfect way to explain this...

What do we do? How much is too much? What next? Why us? The endless appointments, and everyday is consumed by the fact that cancer has invaded every aspect of our lives...

I wish I had answers...

I just think it is something we have to do, and that is about it...faith just doesn't help some days...I struggle with it...some days it does help tremendously, other days it seems so empty to hear: "We are praying for you"...

Bottom line: :( "CANCER JUST SUCKS"....:(

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 8 months ago #20615 by Clara
when you know they try so hard and are willing to go through many things that we cannot imagine how tough it is on them.

I was glad though that they did not give Bob his treatment today. If they had he would probably be in bad shape. Thankful that his dr. strives for "quality" instead of quantity.

Just seems that ever since June everything has gone downhill even though he is better now than a month ago except the chemo from last week has taken its toll on him too.

It is just a no win situation but we keep on trying.

Just rambling because I have so much on my mind and have been back up for awhile....wondering how many more of you are going through the same things tonight.

Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne