New Caregiver

16 years 2 months ago #13922 by lisa0725
Replied by lisa0725 on topic New Caregiver
Well, she's being treated at Moffit Cancer Center. The doctors treating her are wonderful, she actually used to work for them years ago at our local hopital so she knows them very well. They've done the byopsy and a CT scan and determined that it's very fast growing, but the CT scan wasn't able to show if it's spread through the lymph nodes. A heart surgeon she was working for until recently (she's on disability) who's mother died of BC told her to make sure they do a PET scan because that should pick up what the CT scan may have missed. She's had 2 chemo treatments. They're giving her cisplatin and the other drug starts with a "g" I don't remember off hand what it's called. The drugs are already taking a pretty big toll on her. Her WBC, RBC, and neutrophiles are really low so she's getting shots of Neupagen everyday and she's confined to the house.

My biggest fear right now is that it may have spread. Like I said before, the lymph nodes near her bladder are swollen and she's in a lot of pain. Mostly in her lower back and abdomen. Her doctors said that may mean it's spread to her central nervous system. My sisters and I are very close with her and we've already been through a lot. We came close to losing our dad 4 years ago...he's ok now, but his health is still pretty shaky. I just very scary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13918 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic New Caregiver
Hi Lisa,

I am glad you found us on the forum. I think we can help you deal with your moms b/c, maybe you can tell us a little more about your mom, like where she is being treated and what type of testing has been done so far, stageing, 3 is what you said, muscle invasive, and what the plan is for your mom. My husband had the same stage and now after surgery he is doing great!!!Please give us some more info!!
Ginger

16 years 2 months ago #13916 by lisa0725
New Caregiver was created by lisa0725
Hello everyone :) I just found this site last night. My mom was diagnosed with stage 3 BC last month. At least, as far as we know it's stage 3. We're waiting on a PET Scan to be done after her first round of chemo because the lymph nodes near her bladder are swollen and she's having a lot of pain. Because of my dad's work schedule, I'm her main caretaker at home. I also have 4 young children, so it's getting really stressful. I'm so glad I found this site. It's hard to find people to talk to who understand what my family is going through.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne