Shin pain one year after cystectomy

16 years 6 months ago #9849 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic Shin pain one year after cystectomy
Zach, I read your blog. You write very well. You took me through a range of emotions and insight as I read of your chemo journey. I also appreciated your thoughts of always thinking of someone who has it worse than you. I have tried to keep that in my mind as I go through this treatment for the gastroparesis. There are so many people who have it worse than I. I have great empathy for them.

One really neat thing is that you brought back a memory from my childhood. Not a real pleasant memory, but one I and my older siblings have chuckled over for forty-five years.

One night many years ago my two older brothers and old sister were babysitting when my parents went out. They turned the tv on and we watched Twilight Zone! Rather, they watched while I cowered behind a chair in the dark! When my parents came home they found me terrified to go to bed. Of course my siblings never fessed up to making me watch a scary program so mom and dad weren't sure what to think. My brothers and sister teased me insesantly for months and even years after becuase I was terrified! That was the only episode I ever watched!

Now I can't wait to talk to them becuase after following your link to the wickapedia site I know the exact date of the episode and the details of the story, (which parts of the episode were not in my memory since I was covering my eyes through much of the program). Anyway, I am planning to give them much grief over it, all these years later. If my parents were alive I would consider tattling on them but maybe it's better than I didn't then and can't now becuase they would make me pay dearly! They love to raze me to this day! I was 5 and a half years old when that episode aired! I'm emailing the link to them! My brother, Rick, will especially love this!! Thank you for your story and thank you for bringing back a dear memory for me! elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #9846 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic Shin pain one year after cystectomy
I fell for it hook, line, and sinker!! ;D ;D ;D too good!! thanks, elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

16 years 6 months ago #9833 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Shin pain one year after cystectomy
You beat me to the punch line Zach!!........Pat

16 years 6 months ago #9832 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Shin pain one year after cystectomy
Never mind, I think I figured it out.

It started immediately after a girl selling flowers came to our table and asked me if I'd like to buy one for my sweetheart. I told her that I'd love to, but my wife would kill me.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 6 months ago #9831 by Zachary
Shin pain one year after cystectomy was created by Zachary
Last night we were having dinner at our favorite Friday night restaurant and I got a very sharp pain in my shin.

Has anyone ever had this happen?

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne