The elderly woman I took care of...

16 years 6 months ago #9703 by rugrat1956
The elderly woman I took care of... was created by rugrat1956
I wrote a short essay several months ago and entered it in a contest. I didn't win.. didn't really think I would ;D but I thought I'd post it here. The essay is a true story about an elderly woman who I took care of for three and a half years until she died in 2005. She taught me a great deal about life even though she was ill herself. I miss her terribly. This essay is my tribute to her and if you all want to vote you still can just click on the stars at the end of the essay. The awards were decided by judges rather than the popular vote becuase they wanted stories that had to do with the Great Lakes. My story is more about my friend than the lake itself. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will give me an honorable mentoin since I think I got the most popular votes. ;D ;D ;D That isn't my purpose, I just want to share her story. I took the photo of her that is posted by the essay the last time she went sailing with us. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you, Elaine

www.healthylakes.org/stories/general/2007/06/14/a-friendship-forged-on-lake-michigan

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne