Pray for those with Breast Cancer--October National Month

16 years 7 months ago #8008 by wendy
Wow! Thank you Joe...this is very sweet. I could almost forget I have/had breast cancer, but not a day goes by that I don't miss my sister Janey terribly, she died from inflammatory breast cancer in March of '98, at 47.

Being involved with blc survivors-as you know my sister Maureen was dxed in '98 with bladder cancer-has been an enormous source of fulfillment since my own cancer diagnosis in '99. I knew that breast cancer had it pretty well covered on the advocacy front, while bladder cancer had nothing at all. You could say there was a 'hole in the market' that needed attending to, so with Joris' help we are trying to fill in that gap.

These days more and more people are becoming aware of bladder cancer thanks to years of work from various survivors and caregivers finally starting to pay off somewhat.

I hope that soon we will have a month that is dedicated to the millions of bladder cancer survivors around the world.

Wendy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #7909 by Clara
I agree with this one too....my younger Sister is a Survivor too.
My daughter just had additional testing after a mammogram too; they say it is okay and a cyst but we are not so sure that we are satisfied with that answer.
A friend's daughter insisted that a cyst be removed and it was cancer instead of a cyst. I think that does happen more than we realize.

Thanks for everything Wendy!

Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

16 years 7 months ago #7906 by Mike
"October is Natinal Breast CancerAwareness Month"

Knowing all that Wendy does for this board we should keep her in our prayers also for all she has been thru with breast cancer and has survived, and all others that are suffering from breast cancer or have loss their lives to this terrible disease. Keep up the good work Wendy you are an angel and I can't forget Joris either the good ole guy behind the scenes who keeps our board looking the best. Joe ;)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne