You're not going to believe this!

16 years 8 months ago #7710 by timb
Replied by timb on topic You're not going to believe this!
"to challenge the perceptions, to poke fun and bring humanity to a disease that is still so misperceived and feared. No matter what happened, I refused to be saddled with the isolating stigma associated with cancer. Just because it had changed my life forever, didn't mean that I had changed."

i don't feel the stigma at all myself (except when I buy insurance)and I think there's already humanity aplenty amongst the people I've spoken too with cancer. but my cancer also didn't make me feel very sexy. maybe it's because I'm not a gorgeous blonde actress who likes to dance all the time. or maybe it's because "cancer" encompasses over 200 totally different diseases with different prognoses, treatments and layers of indignity. and that's not including the permutations added by all the different personalities involved.

I find a lot of these self-help techniques and stories begin along the lines of "you got cancer becuase you didn't appreciate how great life is. it's your fault and now you're gonna pay....unless you change". Im not sure I feel comfortable with that notion. we all deserve our three score and ten. no matter how we use it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7709 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic You're not going to believe this!
This gives you a little insight to the whole deal and show check the link out

tlc.discovery.com/tv/specials/crazy-sexy-cancer/crazy-sexy-cancer.html

Joe ;)

16 years 8 months ago #7706 by timb
Replied by timb on topic You're not going to believe this!
its a documentary about someones cancer journey and looks mildly interesting. i think the title's supposed to be ironic or something like that.

16 years 8 months ago #7705 by Patricia
You're not going to believe this! was created by Patricia
I just saw a promo for a new show on TLC on Wednesday nights at 9:00 p.m. titled...are you ready?......."CRAZY SEXY CANCER".........ok then...Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne