Dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide

16 years 8 months ago #7410 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide
And I feel like a big sucker too! I fell right into it. Very typical of me, when someone I trust is teasing me I believe them instead. Oof.
Thanks for the tutorial! Verrrrry good.
Wendy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7408 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide

I suppose you could say it is a naturally occuring substance.

Dihydrogen Monoxide is also, except for air, the most life-giving and life-sustaining substances on earth. I make it a point to drink several cups of it every day, and I hope you do too.

It is truly a miracle product. Unfortunately, it cannot be patented, so Big Drug Companies don't tell you about the amazing product that it is.

Dihydrogen Monoxide is another way of saying H2O.

Water.

Just plain.... water.

Depending on what facts you pick and choose, you can make almost anything sound like a deadly killer or a true miracle. A solid chunk of Dihydrogen Monoxide sank the Titanic, but millions die from lack of it in Africa.

In 1997, Nathan Zohner, a 14-year-old junior high student at Eagle Rock Junior High School in Idaho Falls, Idaho, gathered 43 votes to ban the chemical, out of 50 people surveyed among his classmates. Zohner received the first prize at Greater Idaho Falls Science Fair for analysis of the results of his survey. In recognition of his experiment, journalist James K. Glassman coined the term "Zohnerism" to refer to "the use of a true fact to lead a scientifically and mathematically ignorant public to a false conclusion."

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 8 months ago #7404 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide
>I believe that Immucothel might even contain a minute amount of DHMO.<

Hey Zach,
Thank you for the educational tutorial!

You know...Europe has banned thousands of chemicals that are legal in the US. I.E. there are 32 less chemicals in European Marlboro cigarettes than American ones due to the difference in what is legal.

Is DMHO a pesticide or something or a natural occuring substance? Immucothel is derived from a natural substance, at least I think so! since KLH is from mussels.

16 years 8 months ago #7398 by Zachary
Dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide was created by Zachary
Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the unstable radical Hydroxide, the components of which are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

Dihydrogen Monoxide is found in detectable and biologically significant levels in virtually all tumors and other cancerous and pre-cancerous growths. Dihydrogen Monoxide itself is not believed to be carcinogenic, although it is known to be a component of a number of cancer-causing agents.

The chemical compound dihydrogen monoxide (or DHMO) has been implicated in the deaths of thousands of Americans every year, mainly through accidental ingestion. In gaseous form, it can cause severe burns. And, according to a new report, "the dangers of this chemical do not end there."

DHMO is so caustic that it accelerates the corrosion and rusting of many metals and is a major component of acid rain. For those who have developed a dependency on DHMO, complete withdrawal means certain death.

Yet the presence of the chemical has been confirmed in every river, stream, lake and reservoir in America.

Although the U.S. Government and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) do not classify Dihydrogen Monoxide as a toxic or carcinogenic substance (as it does with better known chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and benzene), DHMO is a constituent of many known toxic substances, diseases and disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can even be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.

Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

* Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
* Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
* Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
* DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
* Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.

Studies have shown that even after careful washing, food and produce that has been contaminated by DHMO remains tainted by DHMO.

I believe that Immucothel might even contain a minute amount of DHMO.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne