waiting for new legs

11 years 6 months ago #43310 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic waiting for new legs
As long as those new legs are up to "Flamenco" standards, that's all that matters! Congrats on standing your ground and getting that appointment! Hope all continues to go well...

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #43287 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic waiting for new legs
Now that's the way to get things done!!!

I am happy that you finally got a date. Way to stand up for yourself.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

11 years 6 months ago #43279 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic waiting for new legs
thanx for the good wishes - well all went pretty good- only mild response to contrast tests - the alergoligist(?) thinks the risks of a bad reaction would be less than the risks of not doing the scans, so i am happy with that. Seeing as I was in the same hospital as they were at some unknown date in the future going to give me an appointment for cysto and more biopsies to see if the CIS had responded to BCG, and scans, I decided to plant myself at the admissions desk and threw a hissy fit- explaining that I was not waiting for an appointment to treat a verruca, that they were not complying with international protocols for cancer treatment and that I was going nowhere until I had a satisfactory answer as to why they were unable to give me an idea as to when I would see a urologist - it worked! Appointment 29th October, and I happy danced (sort of) on my new legs out of the hospital.
Sorry to disappoint you , but the legs are not Ginger Rogers standard, but definitely highly suitable for happy dancing!
Diane

11 years 6 months ago #43273 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic waiting for new legs
Here's hoping for good news on the test! :)

And that the legs are as nice as Ginger Rogers.

Your going to need them for all the happy dances. ;)

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

11 years 6 months ago #43271 by Flamenco.
waiting for new legs was created by Flamenco.
Well, after a 19 month wait for surgery to remove varicose veins, the deed is now done and am just waiting to unwrap the new legs!! (Need them to keep up with my happy dances) Tomorrow I go for allergy tests to determine how bad my allergy to iodine and contrasts before they can carry out more tests on upper urinary tract. Fingers crossed it will not preclude any important tests ( also that it doesn*t need a 19 month wait before they do them!)
Diane

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne