Tell us what you do while waiting.

11 years 1 month ago #44394 by Celestel1st
Replied by Celestel1st on topic Tell us what you do while waiting.
I just keep doing what I always do. I'm continuing working on my website and my studies for my church lessons which I keep on my website. I'm reading Larry Niven's Footfall right now and have several other books to read as well. I keep thinking of writing some more poetry and doing some more sketches for my site. I have several support groups I chair meetings for and maintain the sites for some of those. 2 of them are chronic pain/illness support groups. We even have voice meetings for these. I'll continue these as well as I am able. I have 3 cats to take care of too and a husband who can't seem to find his way out of a paper bag LOL. I want to go to Sabbath meetings and other church meetings too. I've been really limited on that end. Can't get out of my own way with this tiredness. Now I have this site to attend to so it will all keep me busy. It does not help to be struggling with Fibro/arthro and diabetes to boot. Sheesh!!! Anyway, here I am.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #42624 by bert1337
Replied by bert1337 on topic Tell us what you do while waiting.
It might sound cliche or trite. But love your life. This is not the end. Its the beginning of a new chapter the ones you love want your love give it to them. And play lots of golf. :).
Plain and simple is the norm now. Leave the stress at the doctors office. It doesn't help you at home

12 years 1 month ago #41648 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Tell us what you do while waiting.
The waiting game. It seems the pressure really increases the need for friends, and diversions.
I know this is trivial, but being a child of the 60's and 70's I find a rerun marathon of TV shows that I know every word to are kinda numbing for the stress.
That and a daily life filled with an ever present "crisis per Minute" insanity make the waiting easier.
I think if I ever let my mind rest a moment the anticipation would carry me away.

But that's just me.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #41641 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Tell us what you do while waiting.
Call it crazy but I am restoring an old boat to pass the time and to give my mind a rest from BC for awhile.

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)
Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #41637 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Tell us what you do while waiting.
I just keep going one day at a time, one step at a time!!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

12 years 1 month ago #41635 by upnorth
Tell us what you do while waiting. was created by upnorth
Here I go again. But so many people keep saying that the waiting for test results, the next appointment, and so on, is the worst part.

So I would like to know some of the things you do to beat the stress of waiting. I know some are serious and some are silly. That's fine but I think any idea could help.

So let's hear them!

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne