ABLCS Loses A Team Member

12 years 2 months ago #41050 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic ABLCS Loses A Team Member
Dear Cynthia, I am so sorry to read about your sweet Sam. I had a Sam also , he was a german shepard 13 yrs old and I had to put him down July 13 last summer.
They are our unconditional best friends , bar none ! I have horses and sam always walked to the barn and back to the house with me. I put his grave in the middle of the yard . I planted flowers and a weeping cherry tree, and put a bench there. Now I stop and sit down and talk to him.
It's funny they can't say a word but they comfort us like noone else can. They want nothing from us except the chance to share our company. And how we miss them when their time with us is up. When I miss my Sam to much I fill his water bowl and put it in it's spot on the floor. My husband never says a word because he knows it brings me comfort to see it there.
I am glad we know about your Sam, and the comfort he brought you so many years. God bless , Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #40924 by mamatrausch
Replied by mamatrausch on topic ABLCS Loses A Team Member
Cynthia
Im so sad to hear about your wonderful "Sam". Saying goodbye to a beloved pet is so sad. My dad is a vet and I worked with him for over 10 years. Saying goodbye was the hardest part of the job and one I never got used to. May your tears be less with each passing day.
Julie

T1/G3-CIS 10-01-2010
10-27-2010-Indiana Pouch

12 years 3 months ago #40920 by Jmema
Replied by Jmema on topic ABLCS Loses A Team Member
Cynthia and Eddie....I am so sorry for you loss. Last week my son had to put his 19 1/2 year old kitty to sleep. They had a long, loving relationship and it's like we have lost a member of the family so I know how you are feeling right now. Sending my prayers and comforting thoughts.
Blessings....Jean

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #40917 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic ABLCS Loses A Team Member
Cynthia, I am so so sorry. I can not put in to words how sorry I am. I could tell you I know how you feel, but, I can't. I can only tell you how I felt when I lost my little Patches. A little black poodle that I loved like my own child. I felt lost and alone, and very sad. My thoughts are with you.

Gary, aka (Dieseldoc)

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

12 years 3 months ago #40916 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic ABLCS Loses A Team Member
So Sorry to hear about Sam. Crying your eyes out over a Dog? You BET! When we had to put HEMI (The best Yellow Lab in all the land.... according to Audrey) down after 13 years of companionship..... We were so broken up about it we were shown out the back door, so we wouldn't have to walk back through the waiting area in tears.

I think the reason we grieve so about a pet is simply ... the undying loyalty and unchecked love they provide to us. If I came home in a crummy mood....They still loved us.
If I ignored them for some reason.... they still loved us
If we went away and didn't take them with us... they still loved us.
If we didn't show them we loved them..... they loved us.

I realize why we feel so bad when our pet dies. I realized that I was so unworthy of the unwavering love that dog gave to me. I could help but feel that that dog gave to me sooooooooo much more than I gave back...... and I feel so guilty about it.

I guess the belief that the last stage of reincarnation before humankind is.... being a dog..... makes me feel as though I may run into my former dog and shake his hand someday. :) :) I hope he still likes me.

My sincerest condolences Cynthia. I know how you feel.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

12 years 3 months ago #40915 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic ABLCS Loses A Team Member
So sorry about Sam. It's tougher than many people imagine to lose a pet.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne