How to relax

12 years 4 months ago #40538 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic How to relax
Annie,
Take it form me.... the worrywart. Still finding a way to wake up in the middle of the night. But as people have said here.... Put the things you can control out front and push the things you have no control of to the back....... Hard to do, but sometimes you succeed.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #40535 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic How to relax
I have ruined more furniture with my steel toed slippers!! But no toe pain!! WOO HOO!!!! :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :laugh:

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

12 years 4 months ago #40532 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic How to relax
Annie,

Glad you are getting sleep. To prevent that toe stubbing, you may want to check out some steel toed slippers. :D

Sorry...just couldn't help it. :D :woohoo: :silly:

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 4 months ago #40531 by annie
Replied by annie on topic How to relax
Well...thank you once again for the practical advice. I did go back to my PCP and got a low dose of anxiety pills that I take just before bedtime. It puts me right to sleep and yet I can still wake up at 2am to tinkle (and stub my toe). I also asked my PCP for an alternative pain medication to the hydrocodone that the urologist prescribed. The countdown is on to the next TURBT and I am sure I'll be fine. I'll probably have more questions about the next phase of BCG and dosage and alternative routes once I get through the surgery. I haven't gotten any of the paperwork or diagnosis for my own personal records yet, but I know that is important. I haven't ruled out MD Anderson for a trial...thanks again for the encouragement. Hope everyone has a good holiday too!
xoxoxo
Annie

T1
N0
M0

12 years 4 months ago #40512 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic How to relax
Hi Annie , Sorry your so worried . I have had the surgery several times over the last several years and for me the worst part is what it does to my pocketbook. I have always figured that The good Lord has given me a certain number of days and no man can give me anymore or take away what he has given so I have a peace about the outcome of my life.
As for the sleeping part, sometimes I take a benydrl and that helps me sleep. For the getting hungry part the day of surgery this what I do. A couple of days before the surgery I eat lightly and don't let my stomach get way full. It seems like it shrinks it so I don't get as hungry the morning of surgery when I have to fast. Maybe you can try this the week before your surgery to see if it will work for you.
When I think of the catching on fire stuff , I just figure I have a much greater chance of wrecking trying to get thru rush hour traffic in Baltimore than catching on fire !
It is sometimes hard to have peace about the events that are happening in our lives,but my prayer for you is that you do find peace and a good dose of courage to get you where you and the good Lord want you to be in this life. Blessings for you , Rocky

12 years 4 months ago #40483 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic How to relax
Just something to think about. Have you ever stubbed your toe on a piece of furniture in the dark? The pain from the surgery probably will not be that bad!!!!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne