Not exactly light-hearted banter....

12 years 9 months ago #38560 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Not exactly light-hearted banter....
I have to agree with Bill Murry in "Scrooged"

"The Jews have a GREAT Word..... Schmuck! I was a Schmuck!"

The key to selling more cars.......Sell more PEOPLE!

George :laugh:

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #38556 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Not exactly light-hearted banter....
Sara Anne,

Wow! That was a scary situation. I'd have been ticked also.

I had similar situation years ago with an American (hint,hint) credit card company, with a two word name and the last word implies speed.

While my name and state matched the person they were looking for, he was in a different city. It showed up on my credit report, which I check annually. I think it said it was in collections or something (details escape me at this point).

When I called them, I tried to get information because I had been a customer of theirs at the time. I told them I always paid on time and had no balance, etc. The person on the phone asked for the last four of my social security number and determined at that point that it was the wrong person. I said it seemed like they should have known that since I was a customer AND that if they even THOUGHT it was me, they could have called me because they had all of my information from my active account. She was very polite and apologized. I sure am glad I check my credit reports regularly!

Had I had one of those folks that calls with the obnoxious attitude it would certainly have been different!

George: Look on the bright side! Debt collectors are WAY higher up on the schmuck list than car salesmen! BTW: My son-in-law is a car salesman. I've never had a problem with that....I just wish he'd sell more cars! :)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #38555 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Not exactly light-hearted banter....
I am in the automobile business and it seems as though I am always justifying my dignity because I am "used car salesman"

But I have a friend who is a lawyer.... Chases stiff neck lawsuits for a living. He is respected socially and I am a schmuck (I love that phrase)

This is why I developed my sense of humor and general Joi-de-vie.

I had a rental guy play this game as I returned the rental back to the Denver airport a few years ago..... He thought I would be in a big hurry to pay $150 in damage that supposedly was not there when I left the rental lot...... NOT!

I know how you feel Sara. But really, you should be quite preturbed about the whole thing(read as MAD!) Although I am impressede that he stayed on the line and even apologised.
So..... lesson learned

But I wouldn't let it shake you up. It clearly was a guy who wasn't doing his job too well.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

12 years 9 months ago #38554 by sara.anne
Not exactly light-hearted banter.... was created by sara.anne
Had a call from a very serious debt collector this morning. Wanted to talk to me OR MY ATTORNEY. Said that I owed a huge amount of money to Enterprise Car Rental for an accident in 2008.
(in 2008 I DID rent a car from Enterprise while mine was in the body shop...my garage door came down and hit the back bumper and made a small dent...which I paid for) I explained this and said that I owed nothing.

The guy said that is wasn't what I owed Enterprise for the car damage that was causing the lawsuit...it was the medical liability for the people I injured.!!??!! He went on and on and said it was a lot of money and he needed to contact my lawyer. I told him that the "incident" had been in my garage and that no one else was involved. He went on and on and said he had the police report. DUH? Finally, my head cleared enough and I
asked for the identifying factors about ME in the police report. Well, this Sara lived at a totally different address
and was born in 1980 something. Had a different social security number. Finally convinced him that THIS WAS NOT ME. Then I was really upset and read him the riot act about not just looking up a name in the phone records and checking his
data. I will say this for him, he did not hang up on me, said he was "sorry."

After I hung up I really started shaking. Really upset me.

SA

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne