What bathroom?

12 years 11 months ago #37737 by LeeH
Replied by LeeH on topic What bathroom?
Had the same thing George. In my case, it was partially form eating and drinking too much. Since I had no intnetion of letting tthat stop me, I had to make certain I was close to a bathroom, Seems to have pretty much abated now (3 yrs out) but I'm still a little wary. Notice I said pretty much abated - not completely.

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #37736 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic What bathroom?
Some people keep logs of what they ate as some find certain foods that were ok before are not after the surgery. I had issues for a period of time after the surgery (but I also had a kink in my intestines that may have contributed to that problem in addition to the frequent partial and full blockages I got).

I don't keep a log because it doesn't really happen to me anymore but it may be worth doing if issues continue.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 11 months ago #37734 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic What bathroom?
George, we can always count on you to make us laugh. Like Mike I am laughing outloud as I've made mental images of your trip to the Dunkin Donuts! Too funny and we agree you had better find some humor in all of this or you will cry all the time! Also, am interested in your issues with "the other end" as Jim also on occasions has the same issue!

12 years 11 months ago #37711 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic What bathroom?
ROFLMAO!!!! That's great George.

You may want to consider asking your wife to stop spiking your food with ex lax.

:D

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 11 months ago #37710 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic What bathroom?
I had a post all set to go, on this very subject, a week ago! Mike is a mind reader.

But my story is a little different. Ever since my surgery 2.5 years ago, I have instantanious bathroom needs from the other end.
I was riding back from Syracuse with my wife at the wheel when suddenly; 15 miles from an exit, I had to GO.
I coached my wife into driving a teeny bit quicker than normal. Finally topping out at about 90. Blew through the EZpass at about 50mph (should be 5mph) and came in HOT to a Dunkin Donuts.
By this time, I was in AGONY. I walked in like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. But came out like a "Man, walking Tall" My wife burst out laughing, as did the other patrons who couldn't stop themselves.

I know this should have been an embarassing situation for most, but I have been to the urologist. I don't know what bathroom embarassment is. In fact, I was kinda proud.

Humor is where you find it.
George :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 3 days ago #37651 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic What bathroom?
Sara Anne, I will also look very sad when I say that I am hungry! Thanks for making me smile. I am sure Jim will be kind about MY needs for the bathrm breaks. Face it he has an IC and unless he hooks up to an overnight bag even he has to stop! :)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne