Cough, cough, cough

13 years 2 weeks ago #37574 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Cough, cough, cough
Sara Anne, hope all your tests come back clear. In the past i have dealt with most everyone of those problems. They are hurdles you can overcome. Like you, i try to deal with all this with as much sense of humor as i can muster.
Wishing you the best.
Duke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #37566 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Cough, cough, cough
Sara Anne,

Glad you are on the trail of figuring out this cough. WOW! Turkey sounds exciting.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

13 years 2 weeks ago #37565 by sara.anne
Cough, cough, cough was created by sara.anne
This is an update on the chronic cough I have had since min-January, both for those who have been "nagging" me (and you know who you are :) ) and those who are just "interested."
Saw my internist/pulmonologist yesterday and he agrees with me that it is looking more like reflux (non acid, since I am on max doses of anti-acid meds). However, my last chest x-ray three weeks ago showed a small "shadow" in the lower left so today I had another chest x-ray to see if it has resolved. If not, I will have a CT scan, which I have been resisting.

The other thing is that I agreed to see a gastroenterologist.
Called the gastroenterologist for an appointment yesterday and they finally called me back this morning. I had picked
one based on a. location and b. training and c. clinical interests listed (ie, esophagus, not colon!) The gal on the phone had some medical knowledge, and asked me a bunch of pertinent questions. The first appointment is June 3, after I
get back from Turkey. Then she said "are you available on June 20 for a procedure?" She is booking the procedure
room for that afternoon. I laughed and told her that I KNEW that GI's are known for doing procedures (it is a standard
medical joke) but that this was ridiculous. They haven't even met me and they are scheduling a "procedure.!" I was only
half kidding....She bristled slightly and I assured her that I was joking with her. She said that if they don't book the procedure facility now, by June 3 (assuming the doc wants to do one....and what gastroenterologist doesn't want to do one) it might be many many weeks to get a booking. They can always cancel it!! I am sure that they will want to do endoscopy to look at the esophagus/stomach.

I am really sick of this

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne