Living with Bladder Cancer

13 years 2 months ago #36828 by Sassy
Replied by Sassy on topic Living with Bladder Cancer
Recovering, Caregiving and Looking for Work

The series will be coming to a close soon. If anyone has questions, please leave them in the comment section, and I will do my best to answer. This has been a journey itself writing the blogs. I will admit that some of the memories it renewed were at times painful. However, it reminds me of how important this website is to be here, and why the many people who are here do what they do. It, also, reminds me of how important it is that we grow as a foundation so we can continue provide information and support to the many people who find this website, to inform the public, and even the many people in the medical field who are unaware. That is why I continue to do everything I can to help maintain what we have gained in the past few years, but we have a long way to go before we get to where we need to be.

www.healthywomen.org/content/blog-entry/recovering-caregiving-and-looking-work or you can find the link on my page at www.authorsden.com/sylvialramsey1

Sylvia L. Ramsey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #36806 by Sassy
Achieving a "New Normal"—and Then a Setback

Another step along the way on my sixteen-year journey.

www.healthywomen.org/content/blog-entry/achieving-new-normal%E2%80%94and-then-setback

Sylvia L. Ramsey

13 years 2 months ago #36771 by Sassy
Adjusting to the New Life After Surgery

Recovering from any kind of surgery takes time, however adjusting to a radical cyscectomy with any type of internal reservoir takes time. This blog starts my journey after surgery.
You can read it at:

www.healthywomen.org/content/blog-entry/adjusting-new-life-after-surgery

Sylvia L. Ramsey

13 years 2 months ago #36752 by Sassy
Finding Humor in Trying Times

The journey continues with my experience of being a bladder cancer survivor in the series, Living with Bladder Cancer. Learning to laugh at one’s self is always an asset. Even though it is sounds trite, I still find that a lesson I learned from my first teacher in grade school still holds true. "Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone." That one old saying and the one my mother used to always tell me when disaster hit made an impression on how I handled life. My mother would say, "So, the world handed you a basket of lemons, don't mope, make lemonade". These two have stuck with me over the years, and I think they have helped me to be a "survivor". You can find it at: www.healthywomen.org/content/blog-entry/finding-humor-trying-times

Sylvia L. Ramsey

13 years 2 months ago #36593 by Sassy
The holiday is over, and the blog series Living with Bladder Cancer is up and going once more. The journey continues.

Recovering from Surgery and Still Struggling to Find Support

www.healthywomen.org/content/blog-entry/recovering-surgery-and-still-struggling-find-support

Sylvia L. Ramsey

13 years 3 months ago #36506 by Sassy
The next blog, My Cancer Surgery Surgery is now posted. You can link to it from my author's page at: www.authorsden.com/sylvialramsey1 in the news section.

Sylvia L. Ramsey

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne