hiking

13 years 5 months ago #35342 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic hiking
Sounds Great Rocky!

So far it looks like it going to be a great ski season. If I wasn't working down to the wire to get some things together for a client next week, I'd be up skiing this weekend myself.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #35339 by Rockyiss
hiking was created by Rockyiss
Well ski season is finally here !! YEA !! If I can't ride my bike or hike Then skiing it is. I love the feeling of freedom flying down the slope.
This fall a friend and I hiked the at trail from Harpers ferry West Vir. across Md to Pa. We carried our backpacks and camped out at night.It was about fortyfour miles. The wind almost blew us off South mt.
Then in Nov I decided to hike around our local lake. It has a sixtyfive mile shoreline. Three years ago I did it clockwise, this time I went counter clockwise. First couple of days it was raining then cold ,but I had alot of fun. Hiking the lake is hard on the legs because the shoreline is so rocky and then there are the swamps ! Altogether my lake hike came to about eighty miles.

I told my son once when we were in the woods and had to stop to pee that the only good thing about my bladder cancer if I lost my bladder would be that I could now pee like the boys ! Something I have always wanted to do since I was alittle girl hanging out with the boys playing in the woods.

I love to hike, to be outside. I want to hike the AT trail. It starts in georgia and goes north for two thousand miles.
My big problem is leaving my family for six months to do it. Now on to skiing !! Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne