Humor and Lightheartedness

13 years 7 months ago #34472 by sydelle
Replied by sydelle on topic Humor and Lightheartedness
George,how well i understand your words and feelings. I work as a medical social worker, in bereavement therapy, have a job, a home, an adult daughter and a sense of humor. As I write this, I am sitting bedside next to my husband, who is a RC survivor of 2008, bladder cancer warrior, hospitalized 7x with UTI's in a year.....and my fellow workers and friends say...wow are you strong, and wish we could be like you....well, I don't complain to anyone, and just think, please G-d, don't give them the bad stuff I am facing! People sometimes only see the window decorations!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #34435 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Humor and Lightheartedness
I have a neighbor who "thinks" I have the greatest life. He is a very nice guy who teaches history in a local school and love the NY Mets (Poor suffering fool) He lives a very NORMAL life and has a Very Domineering wife. His life is Boring.

I work 6 days a week, from 8am till 7pm. BUT! I drive a very cool(and different) car home every night. I live 4 blocks away from work!
I owe the bank about 5 million $ in mortgage and floor plan; I have a 19.5 golf handicap; am an expert skier; am always about 2.5 seconds slower than other drivers on the track; have 2.3 kids; owe about what my house is worth; and Have the best wife on the face of the earth! These past 2 years have been a little tough with everyone abandoning My products because they might go backrupt(they already did!) I am in a merger with another Dodge Dealer so we can survive together!

Oh, and I had cancer once

He thinks I live a life to envy! He want's to be like me! He wants to BE Me!

I have been blessed in so many ways. No money, and bad health. But I DO Have a great life! I have a sense of humor that gets me through.

"It is better to look good than to feel good"

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #34372 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Humor and Lightheartedness
George,

IF I ever grow up I wanna be just like you! The funny guys always forget more jokes than I will ever be able to even repeat. Then I usually goof up the punch line. :laugh:

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

13 years 7 months ago #34359 by Kimberly
Replied by Kimberly on topic Humor and Lightheartedness

:laugh:

13 years 7 months ago #34358 by LeeH
Replied by LeeH on topic Humor and Lightheartedness
Gee George, I thought the fun and games were AFTER my bladder came out. On the plus side, my wife did let me pick all the rental movies :P

Lee

13 years 7 months ago #34357 by GKLINE
Humor and Lightheartedness was created by GKLINE
I would like to take this opportunity to address the need for humor on this site. I am opposed to Bad Humor. I heartily advocate a good time.

Remember. It's all fun and games until someone take a bladder out! :laugh:

I know this is a support site and we should all make the startling diagnosis a little easier. This is a survivable cancer if found early and treated with aggressive measures. Sometimes we are a little pushy. But we only have your well being in mind.

Please stick with us. We can find humor in cancerwhen it is needed. "I spit on cancer a second time" Humor is what got us through this disease in the first place. It will get you through too.

Please just ell us to lighten up. We always love a GOOD story.
"Did I tell you the one about the monkey, elephant and lion who went into the bar.....?

:laugh: George :laugh:

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne