Movie recommendations needed (light,uplifting )

13 years 8 months ago #34016 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Movie recommendations needed (light,uplifting )
Hi Ann,
Not sure if your friend is still in relative isolation but I thought of one or two more films that I really liked.
Being There (Peter Sellers)
My father, my hero, ( Gerard Dapardieu)
Finding Forrester (Sean O·Connery)
The Nephew (Pearce Brosnan)

A favourite oldie - Arsenic and Old Lace
Good English Films -The Magic Boots
East is East
The Full Monty

Good Animated films which adults ( read Big Kids) enjoy (especially my husband!)-
Toy Story 2, Shrek, Ice Age.
Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #33057 by Flamenco.
Hi,
Another few of my favourites-
Second hand Lions
To Kill a Mocking Bird
Little Shop of Horrors
Diane

13 years 10 months ago #33043 by Flamenco.
Hi,
Two of my favourites-
Fried Green Tomatoes
Ladyhawk
Will post more as I think of them,
Diane

13 years 10 months ago #33021 by GKLINE
I have a great list of stuff;
Burn Notice.. on USA... spies in good moods
My co workers go home to watch NCIS... seems to always be on.
Just about anything on TV Land MASH etc. new show "Hot in Cleveland" has Betty White at her present best!
Anything on Turner Classic Movies... catch up on the greats they may have missed.

If they need a good Movie that Always works ... "Caddy shack" Every golfer knows ever line. The Dali Lama, total conciousness, and "I have that going for Me" line starts the good time.

Any movie with Carry Grant... The more you watch him the better actor he becomes. Great comedy and great adventure. North by Northwest.... To catch a theif..... Bringing up baby to name a few great ones. Don't forget the Philadelphia story

As for me Steve McQueen in the Thomas Crown Affair is good. But real entertainment is Mcqueen in "LeMans" No dialogue, no plot, No sex, But plenty of great cars and racing sounds.

That last on is an acquired taste. But, it does do a good job of getting back at the "pain in the Butt roommate" that has been driving you crazy for 3 days

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 10 months ago #33012 by pemquid
An acquaintance is going through treatment for multiple myeloma (chemo, stem-cell transplant) and is going to have to spend a lot of time in relative isolation due to immune suppression. I think she's in the hospital for a total of 18 days right now, and then will at home with very little contact with "outsiders" right though until about December. She would prefer to keep an upbeat environment, and I'm wondering if anyone has any movie (or old TV show) recommendations to help her pass the time when she's feeling up to it? I know they've been watching old Mary Tyler Moore TV shows and like those.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne