If I were only younger...

14 years 2 months ago #30850 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic If I were only younger...
That's cool! I can imagine it would really make a difference in a number of ways.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #30840 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic If I were only younger...
And not only that....a 27 yr. survivor!! Awesome
pat

14 years 2 months ago #30837 by Melodie
If I were only younger... was created by Melodie
I like to think if I were 20 years younger, I would be able to pursue becoming a stoma nurse. I have often thought of how awesome it would be for the patient to have a nurse with personal experience behind them.

A few weeks back, there was a gal here on the forum who Pat put me in touch with since we both live in the same state. She has decided on the bag and will be having surgery next Thursday. During her pre-op this week she was able to meet her stoma nurse...a guy who has had a bag for 27 years. :woohoo: Now, is that awesome or what! I was so delighted to hear she would be cared for by someone who has been there and done that. I just wanted to share a positive situation since so many times we warriors are up against negataives. And those of us who have the bag or Indy pouch know just how important it is to find just the right medical equipment to make life comfortable.

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne