Me wonderful Me

14 years 2 months ago #30575 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic Me wonderful Me
Well we accomplished the move this weekend (including Monday all day in the weekend). Completely exhausted and can barely move.

Leave for Portland Oregon tomorrow for the American Vaulting Association conference. Must pack today if I can find my stuff. :woohoo:

Neo is completely misbehaving :S Damn they need to make better diapers. Can not seem to find my favorite skirts that hide the tell tale lines. Oh well such is life. I am still going to have fun no matter what.

Glad you like the horse Rocky. Will send a full body shot when I get back. Have some on my phone just have to figure out how to get them out. :P

Webs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #30392 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Me wonderful Me
I like the horse ! You will have to post a full body shot. Whats his breeding. My daughter has been going to be a therapeutic instructor, she just has to take her test. I used to help with a therapy program we got started many years ago and I know how tough this is to do. Don't wear yourself out.
As for the moving good LUCK. I am still going thru stuff from our house fire, I have the stuff stored in my barn and everytime I go to go tru it I end up walking out. ( I guess it doesn't help it still smells like the fire)
I am so glad I don't have kids in school anymore goodluck with the picking the classes out not something I would like to do. Rocky

14 years 2 months ago #30391 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Me wonderful Me
I like the horse ! You will have to post a full body shot. Whats his breeding. My daughter has been going to be a therapeutic instructor, she just has to take her test. I used to help with a therapy program we got started many years ago and I know how tough this is to do. Don't wear yourself out.
As for the moving good LUCK. I am still going thru stuff from our house fire, I have the stuff stored in my barn and everytime I go to go tru it I end up walking out. ( I guess it doesn't help it still smells like the fire)
I am so glad I don't have kids in school anymore goodluck with the picking the classes out not something I would like to do. Rocky

14 years 2 months ago #30384 by karenb
Replied by karenb on topic Me wonderful Me
One tip my mother gave me when I moved several times, along with access to bathroom and microwave and refrig., fist thing to do is make sure your bed or at least the mattress is set up in bedroom, so you can collapse for a while, the rest will get unpacked overtime. I totally agree, if you haven't used something in a year or more, you probably don't need it, so why pack it and move it with you. Toss it, donate it or sell it. I tried to tell my pack rat daughter that once a year pretend you're moving, if you wouldn't take something to a new house, then don't keep it in your current house. Kids, they never listen.

14 years 2 months ago #30329 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Me wonderful Me
Also when moving, it is much better to throw things out BEFORE packing and moving them. :D

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 2 months ago #30319 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Me wonderful Me
Lots of good news packed into that message, Char! Just a word of advice from someone who moved/is moving. Once everything is IN the new place, if you can reach the microwave and the bathrooms, there is no hurry to get it all put away. What is there today will still be there tomorrow!! Don't push it too hard!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne