snow, Snow and more Snowwww !!

14 years 2 months ago #30528 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic snow, Snow and more Snowwww !!
We have now recieved over TEN feet of snow, we have got 3 feet in the last 24 hours and it is still coming down.
Even I am getting tired of all of it , I am ready to start hiking and I can't get to far with snowshoes on. I am going broke trying to feed all the poor critters out there.
Spring where are you ????? Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #30390 by Rockyiss
I hope for you that the storm misses you so you can get your bcg.. I keep hearing that we are supposed to get 40 more inches.
After a month of shoveling and blowing snow I to am getting tired. My son took our bulldozer today and went all over our mountain to open up the trails for the deer. we have gotten over seven feet of snow this year. Tommorrow I am going out on my snowshoes, I wonder how far I will make it.
The only bad thing about rain is the mud, then I have to wipe my dogs feet off. No fun ! But for your sake I hope you get rain.

hope you do well with your bcg. Rocky

14 years 3 months ago #30385 by karenb
Replied by karenb on topic snow, Snow and more Snowwww !!
Tired of all the snow here in southern New Jersey. Now they are saying there's a storm coming on Monday. Depending on the track, it will be snow, then rain then snow. Hoping for the rain. Have my 1st BCG treatment and don't want snowy road on Tues morning. It looks pretty through the window of the warm kitchen when it's falling, but the novelty wears off very quickly once you have to venture out. The last big one, I didn't have to shovel, since I had just had cath removed after TURBT, so husband had to do it all by himself and we have a very long driveway.
PLEASE HURRY UP SPRING TIME!!!!

14 years 3 months ago #30240 by Rockyiss
So it seems that either everyone has to much snow or not enough !
Today I shoveled a barn roof off it was 40 ft by 40 ft and the snow was about three to four ft deep. When I was shoveling the snow I would look up and see how much more was left to do and think my back wasn't going to make it
It made me think of the people on this site, some just dig in and keep going to get the job done and some look at the job and just feel hopeless. I had to keep going because it was a flat roof and the weight of the snow would collaspe it.
But just like the people on this site help was on the way, My son climb up on the roof and dug in with me. It took us several hours but we finally got done . He had to use the bulldozer to push it into the field.
We are going to get a couple more feet this week and tomorrow I will be shoveling our house off , but first I am going to ski in the morning!
Sometimes I would like to just stay in bed, the fibromyalgia, damage from the lyme disease and other health problems wear me out but then I think of what my husband says when he wakes up in the morning , "let the adventure begin" and this from a guy whos had cancer and chemo himself,and I am grateful for my life. Blessings to all Rocky

14 years 3 months ago #30223 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic snow, Snow and more Snowwww !!
I know there are a lot of folks here in Cancun that had trouble getting here or trouble getting home because of the snows.

Doesn't look to a problem for us to get back to Denver later today though. :(

Amazing how fast a week at the beach goes by!

Next trip is going to be a weekend of skiing back home in Colorado. I know we need more in the mountains for the snowpack (aka our drinking water in the summer) but I've had enough of it in Fort Collins and it's been a lot colder than normal this winter as well.

Definitely needed this break!
:)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 3 months ago #30211 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic snow, Snow and more Snowwww !!
We live in the Tampa FL area and this year we are freezing :woohoo:
Today it was 55 and predicted to be cold thru the next 8 days. I know, 55 sounds good to all northern states, but here the homes are not built as well as our home was up North.
My son in Philly would gladly send their snow to anyone who wants it, and my son in Middlebury Vt would gladly take all the snow :P
I guess we are all creatures of habit and want our weather back - be it snow or sun :laugh:

Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne