bears

14 years 3 months ago #30197 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic bears
With all the snow we have been getting ( about four or five feet) I don't think it will melt until July so Momma bear can just sleep till then !! Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #29878 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic bears
My wife is addicted to the webcam (they call it a Den Cam) that they have set up in the wild watching a hibernating pregnant bear. She was pregnant, but my wife was online when she had her cubs. Noisy little buggers when the volume on the PC is truned up full blast.

You have to promise not to say stuff about it though because I've had my fill of minute by minute bear updates.

bears.org

School kids around the country have been watching as well. Interesting stuff to learn they don't just sleep when they hibernate.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 3 months ago #29877 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic bears
Being a science teacher, this title made me open this one first.

Scary stuff...messing with a mom and her cubs. Did you know that how many cubs they have depends on how much food they were able to get before hibernation? I am jealous that you got to see that.
Vi

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

14 years 3 months ago #29868 by Rockyiss
bears was created by Rockyiss
Hi guys, just thought I would tell you all what I got to do today. The department of natural resources called and said they thought we had a bear denned up on our property and could they come on and see if she had had cubs yet. I said sure and that I knew where she was so they came.
We have an old quarry and it has some caves so I figured she was in the one half way up the highwall , and yep she was . When we got to the entrance and listened we could hear the cubs ( they sounded like puppies.) The dnr guy shined a flashlight down the hole and she was awake and looking back at us ! We quietly climbed back down !
They will come back in March to drug her and change her radio collar ,and tag the cubs. They said they wern't sure if she would den there again and I told them I was sure she wouldn't because when she moved out in the sping we were going to block the entrance so she couldn't get back in for an encore ! lol
I will set a blind up the third week of march to see if I can get pictures of them as she starts to bring them out.
I thought today was going to be a boring day !
Tomorrow I have to go for my pain clinic app, which I hate cause they always figure your just trying to scam them out of drugs like alot of people, oh well. Have a good day. Rocky

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne