Happy New Year!!!!!

14 years 4 months ago #29616 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic Happy New Year!!!!!
Thanks, I am actually going up to snow shoe in two weeks, I hope to get a little skiing in near the end of February and March. I won't miss this year at all. My abdominals are actually doing pretty good. Of course, I used to do 50-75 sit-ups every day before the RC. I have not yet gotten back to that but plan on doing a few sit-ups next week to get back into the routine.

Regards
Rudy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #29605 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Happy New Year!!!!!
Hi Rudy, Anyone that has a skiing steak that long is not going to let a little old rc operation get in their way ! I will be cheering you on. I had a hysterectomy and was surprised at how much it affected my stomach muscles, but I am a determined person. If you get on " Wisp ski resort" in maryland you will see where I ski. So far this year we have gotten 79 inches of snow ,but it has been in the single digets,very cold with the wind chill.
My son used to work at Alta ski resort in Utah. he got out of the Navy (he served on a submarine) and headed west . He was sick of living in Georgia and not getting to ski.He is one of the guys that likes to jump off cliffs. He moved back here to Maryland to get married but I wouldn't be surprised if he move back out west. You guys live in beautiful country.
The good thing about out there is you have alot of snow for along time so I can see you getting to the point where you won't miss year 23 !! Rocky

14 years 4 months ago #29604 by Rockyiss
Hi Rudy, Anyone that has a skiing steak that long is not going to let a little old rc operation get in their way ! I will be cheering you on. I had a hysterectomy and was surprised at how much it affected my stomach muscles, but I am a determined person. If you get on " Wisp ski resort" in maryland you will see where I ski. So far this year we have gotten 79 inches of snow ,but it has been in the single digets,very cold with the wind chill.
My son used to work at Alta ski resort in Utah. he got out of the Navy (he served on a submarine) and headed west . He was sick of living in Georgia and not getting to ski.He is one of the guys that likes to jump off cliffs. He moved back here to Maryland to get married but I wouldn't be surprised if he move back out west. You guys live in beautiful country.
The good thing about out there is you have alot of snow for along time so I can see you getting to the point where you won't miss year 23 !! Rocky

14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #29551 by rudyskier
Rocky, yes I am a skier... have been skiing most of my adult life. Actually moved from NY to Colorado when I retired and ski all the time. I first lived up by Vail but moved to the front range in 2001. I will miss much of this season however because of RC. But I am confindent I will ski on or before March of this year. I have to ski at least one day to keep my streak going. I've not missed a year since I was 22 years old. Skiing is a family affair for us we usually go up every other weekend for 2 days or more and then for a week in January and another in March.

I hope you get some good snow and may the wind be at your back, watch out for the "bumps" (which I don't do too much of anymore).

Rudy

14 years 4 months ago #29547 by Rockyiss
Hey Rudi are you a skier ? We have been getting a bunch of new fluffy powdery snow, YEA ! So I started the new year out right ,by skiing , and since it is still snowing I am going again tomorrow ! This year has got to be better than last year when we woke up to our house on fire Jan. 13. Rocky

14 years 4 months ago #29523 by rudyskier
Happy New Year wishes to all and more than every wishing you all a Healthy New Year...

Rudy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne