MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY HOLIDAYS or JUST HAPPY

14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #29432 by mmc
I'm with you George! I'll note it on my calendar.

:)

Mike

PS: Just saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie and it was hilarious! Half the audience missed more than half of the jokes though.

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #29421 by GKLINE
I see you picked up on that! Clever you are at finding clues Mr Holmes.

I saw that pattern an wondered the EXACT same thing! 10/10/10 is the official END of the BAD!
Remember I told you about all of those bad things that came with cancer. Well, it is kind of like when you play a country song backwards......
I will get my dog back(well maybe a new dog) My 401k back, My business will show a profit again( I can only pray) and The general economy will bounce back!
On 10/10/10 I will officially announce that I have singlehandedly "Saved The World!"

What do you think?

just a thought

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

14 years 4 months ago #29393 by mmc
George,

I see in your signature space you had a neo on 08/08/08 and the new hip on 09/09/09. I think there is a pattern here. Be careful on 10/10/10! :)

Merry Christmas!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 4 months ago #29388 by Melodie
George - I second that emotion! We may have some new scars, physical and mental but by golly, we're still here and have much to be thankful about. As they say, cancer can take from us but never can it take our "hope" or "attitude of optimism" or the beauty of our day...unless we choose to give up. There is beauty in each day as long as we keep our eyes, heart and mind open to it. It isn't always easy but worth fighting for to stay the course as true survivors. God bless you and all the wonderful warriors that come to this site to share, to offer support, comfort and encouragement. Wishing all a happy and safe holiday and most of all a healthy new year!

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #29374 by vgau
Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year (all the needless spending and cooking can't bust my bubble). This year it is even more special to me for all the reasons you have mentioned such as family, friends, the support group here, and more. My new grandson will be so much fun this year as he loves the lights and is cheap to buy for since he just likes the sound of paper being crushed in his hands (I can just wrap empty boxes although I have bought him several fun things).

I guess while I am scared, mad, sad, and glad....I am also now more aware of just how wonderful my life has been and can continue to be even with cancer.

I'm ready for the new year and hope to have a year of lots of positives from everyone. My new slogan is "Look out...I'm cancer free for at least 3 months." I plan to say that all year and hope all of you can too.

Merry Christmas,
Vi

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

14 years 4 months ago #29373 by GKLINE
I just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Chrismas season. We ALL deserve it! Even with the trials we have seen we have so much to be thankful for.

I'll start out with a short list and I am sure you can add your own special thanks for your own specail gifts.

I have been blessed this year to have had the support of my wife, Audrey, and my kids, Shannon, Margie and Jackie.
My Doctors; Dr Vecek and Dr Mian.
And ALL the Friends I found I had, but was too blind to see, when I was perfectly healthy. I have learned so much from this experience.

I want to thank all my new virtual friends on this site. You guys(and Girls) have made this experience a little easier and taken some of the fear out of cancer.

We have a lot to be thankful for... everyone of us. Even with the cancer still milling around.... we are still milling around!

Thanks to all of you

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne