Support for all Cancers..The Wellness Community

14 years 5 months ago #28868 by DougG
Pat, Thank you for making us aware of this. They have a good page on Bladder Cancer.

www.thewellnesscommunity.org/mm/Learn-About/cancertype/Bladder-Cancer-/Bladder-Cancer-Fact-Sheet.aspx

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #28863 by Patricia
My surgeon suggested a local branch of The Wellness Community to me for support and i found there are branches all over the country and it is for all cancers. I went last week to an orientation meeting and found my self sitting next to a darling little girl about 20 who had type 2 Hodgkins and was in tears which of course brought me to tears...on the other side of me was a 50 something woman with a brain tumor and about that time i spaced out feeling so bad for the sobbing girl. And though they will divide you up according to whatever group you want to join into i find that it was an opportunity to share some knowledge on bladder cancer. With so many centers nationwide it would be a great idea for us all to join and then have our urologists, oncologists, internists recommend the centers. Here is a map of centers
www.thewellnesscommunity.org/hc/Communities/Local-Communities/communities.aspx
If you build it..they will come!!
Pat
P.S. they also have an entire section for caregivers which i thought was great. Wish i'd known about it when i was taking care of my father.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne