To blog or not to blog that is the question!

14 years 6 months ago #28635 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic To blog or not to blog that is the question!
The forum is about questions and information or updates. The blog is for thoughts, ideas, stories or to use as an online journal. At times they could be used interchangeably so I can understand your confusion. Don't worry there is no right or wrong here try both.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #28632 by vgau
I'm not sure I understand the difference between the forum or blogging. Seems there are all types of things on both. How do you decide where to put a posting?

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

14 years 6 months ago #28631 by Cynthia
** This thread discusses the content article: To blog or not to blog that is the question! **

A terrible thing happened to me when I had my kidney out last January; well besides losing the kidney I mean. All the sudden I could not write and that had always been my way of dealing through most of this. I have no idea why this happened but writer’s block it was, but it seems to have resolved itself. So……I am going to try to blog as I have inspiration and time. We need to get the blogs populated for a few reasons. For some of us they are a type of therapy. For others who read them it gives them insight, inspiration, food for thought and on and on.

All of you that are always raving about trying to convince the new guy on the block to get a second opinion tell us why that is, this is the place. Would you like survivors to know what it is like personally to be a caregiver? Is there something that you wish someone had told you? Being an advocate is about a lot of things but getting the word out to others is top of the list.

A few tips for good blogging etiquette

If you reference other research material please give links or source. It helps others who are researching also.

Do not use abbreviations of terms it helps others find us. I know it is a lot easier to write RC than it is to write Radical Cystectomy but if someone is new they will not know to search for the abbreviation RC.

You do not have to be a good writer to blog not many of us are. Just jot down a thought a blog does not need to be long, the thoughts are what counts. It is a law somewhere that grammar and spelling do not count on the web (if it isn’t it should be).

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne