Bladder Cancer Support Group for those near Indpls

14 years 8 months ago #27625 by Patricia
Hmmmmm..food for thought huh. I think i shall contact my Uro group...i'm due to see them on the l7th..and ask them how to go about setting up a BLC support group. Hey maybe it could be that easy? They probably wouldn't want me to be in it as i have the Indiana Pouch and noone does that here and i'd send them somewhere else!!
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #27624 by Webs
Pat,

This sounds great wish there were more of them out there.

Char B) :woohoo:

14 years 8 months ago #27607 by Melodie
Pat,

Thanks for sharing. I hope I live long enough to see these types of organizations spring up all over the map. Makes me wish I lived in Inndiapolis. Actually I lived there once upon a time for a few months in my early 20's attending a military journalism school. My, how the years fly!

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 8 months ago #27605 by Patricia
Dr. Koch, inventor of the Koch pouch will be speaking. I'm so glad to hear of a support group that will have regular meetings. Cinti is only about l l/2 hrs from Indianapolis and actually from Chicago its about 2 l/2 hrs.

Indiana Bladder Cancer Support Group

Indiana Bladder Cancer Support Group – a new monthly support group for bladder cancer survivors and caregivers will hold its first meeting in Indianapolis on Monday September 14th
an opportunity to meet others dealing with bladder cancer, share information and learn more about resources for bladder cancer. The meetings will take place from 6 to 8PM at The Wellness Community, 5150 W. 71st Street, Indianapolis, IN 46268. The group facilitator will be Jim Bailey, a bladder cancer survivor. Dr. Michael Koch, Dept. of Urology, Indiana University School of Medicine, will talk on “Bladder Cancer Basics”. For further information contact The Wellness Community at 317-257-1505

Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne